Oregon vs Washington Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Washington Huskies (5-0) vs Oregon Ducks (5-0)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Alaska Airlines Field at Husky Stadium)
Betting Odds: Washington Huskies -2.5 -- Over/Under: 67.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ABC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oregon Ducks will play the Washington Huskies in a PAC-12 game on Saturday afternoon at Husky Stadium in Seattle, Washington. Oregon comes into this game after back-to-back 42-6 wins, while Washington was able to escape an upset attempt from Arizona in their last game.
The Oregon Ducks are 5-0 (2-0) this season after they defeated Stanford by a score of 42-6 in their last game. Oregon trailed 6-0 in the second quarter, but they scored the final 42 points in the game for the easy win. The Ducks out gained Stanford by a total of 506-222 and went 6-9 on third downs in the game. Oregon has also defeated Portland State, Texas Tech, Hawaii, and Colorado. The Oregon offense is scoring 51.6 points per game with 330.6 passing yards per game and 227.2 rushing yards per game, while going 50.9% on third downs. Bo Nix has thrown for 1,459 yards, 15 touchdowns, and one interception for the Ducks this year. Bucky Irving has rushed for 393 yards and four touchdowns, while Troy Franklin has caught 32 passes for 535 yards and seven scores. The Oregon defense is allowing 11.8 points against per game this year.
The Washington Huskies are 5-0 (2-0) this season after they defeated Arizona by a score of 31-24 in their last game. Washington led 21-10 at the half, but they were outscored by a total of 14-10 in the second half. The Huskies out gained Arizona by a total of 474-342 and went 6-10 on third downs in the win. Washington started the season with four straight wins against Boise State, Tulsa, Michigan State, and California. The Washington offense is averaging 46 points per game with 446.4 passing yards per game and 123 rushing yards per game, while going 47.9% on third downs. Michael Penix Jr. has thrown for 1,999 yards, 16 touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Huskies this year. Dillon Johnson has rushed for 240 yards and four touchdowns, while Rome Odunze has caught 32 passes for 608 yards and four scores. The Washington defense is giving up 18.4 points against per game this season.
Washington Huskies Team Facts
- Washington has won each of its last 10 games at Husky Stadium.
- Washington has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight games in October.
- Washington has won the first half in each of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Six of Washington's last seven games as a favorite against AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Oregon Ducks Team Facts
- Oregon has won each of its last seven games in October.
- Oregon has covered the spread in each of its last five games.
- Oregon has won the first half in each of its last five road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Oregon's last four games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Oregon has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of 30+ points of any FBS team this season (3).
- Oregon has recorded the equal-most home wins by a margin of 35+ points of any FBS team this season (3).
This should be a great game between two undefeated PAC-12 teams that have very high scoring offenses. Washington has the best passing attack in the country, but is going against an Oregon team that is only allowing 153 passing yards per game. Oregon is throwing for more than 300 yards per game, but they also rush for over 200 yards per game. Washington has played the slightly tougher schedule and I am going to take them at home. I have said from the start of the season that I don’t know who is going to stop this passing attack, and I don’t think Oregon will have much luck on the road. Take the Huskies on the moneyline here.