Ohio vs NIU Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
NIU Huskies (2-4) vs Ohio Bobcats (5-1)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 4:00 pm (Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium)
Betting Odds: NIU Huskies +6.5 -- Over/Under: 44.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPNU Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Ohio Bobcats and Northern Illinois Huskies face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Huskie Stadium.
Can Northern Illinois Build on Last Week?
Northern Illinois hasn’t had the best season but the hope is that they are able to build on last week. Northern Illinois faced off against Akron in the last game and they scored 55 points on the way to the easy blowout victory. Running back Antario Brown was the star of the show rushing 13 times for 280 yards and four touchdowns. Northern Illinois is averaging 25.1 points while thier defense is giving up 24 points per game. In this game the offense is going to need to have a big game again.
Northern Illinois Betting Trends
- Northern Illinois has lost each of its last seven games at Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium.
- Northern Illinois has failed to cover the spread in each of its last nine games against non-AP-ranked teams at Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium.
- Northern Illinois has lost the first half in each of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Northern Illinois' last four games against conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Ohio Looks for Sixth Win
Ohio has looked impressive to start the season and the only loss came against San Diego State to open the season. This is an Ohio team that gave up only seen points to Iowa State. In the last game against Kent State the offense was strong scoring 42 points and that led to the victory. Kurtis Rourke had a strong game completing 20 of his 32 passes for 300 yards and three touchdowns. Ohio n the season is averaging 24.5 points while their defense is giving up 11.8 points per game.
Ohio Betting Trends
- Ohio has won each of its last nine games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Ohio has covered the spread in nine of its last 10 October games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Ohio has won the first half in seven of its last eight road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Ohio's last eight road games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Northern Illinois looked better in the last game, but I’m still not sold on this offense. Ohio’s defense has been lights out all season and they are going to step up again in a big way. Northern Illinois is going to struggle to get even seven points on the board and that is going to be the difference here as Ohio is going to get the job done. Back Ohio to win this game and cover the spread.