Navy vs Charlotte Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Charlotte 49ers (1-4) vs Navy Midshipmen (2-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 2:00 pm (Jerry Richardson Stadium)
Betting Odds: Charlotte 49ers +3.5 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Navy Midshipmen and Charlotte 49ers face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Jerry Richardson Stadium.
Can Navy Pick Up Another Big Win?
Navy comes into this game with a 2-3 record overall but they are coming off a big victory in the last game. Navy scored 27 points against North Texas and that was enough for the three point victory. Alex Tecza had a strong game on the ground rushing 17 times for 137 yards and two touchdowns. Navy is still running the triple option and they need the offense to have success here. Navy is averaging 21.6 points while their defense is giving up 27.6 points per game. The offense is ranked 111th and they need it to be good here.
Navy Betting Preview
- Charlotte has won four of its last six October games as a home underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Charlotte has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last nine home games.
- Charlotte has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents at Jerry Richardson Stadium.
- Six of Charlotte's last seven games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Charlotte Looks for Second Win
Charlotte comes into this game with a 1-4 record and they have really struggled heading into this game. In the last game against SMU, the offense only managed 16 points and that led to the 18 point loss. Trexler Ivey only threw for 107 yards and that’s nowhere close enough to find success. Charlotte on the season is averaging 18.4 points while their defense is giving up 27.6 points per game. The offense is ranked 125th while the defense is ranked 84th. This game will comedown to if they are able to stop the run.
Charlotte Betting Preview
- Navy has lost 11 of its last 14 October road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Navy has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Four of Navy's last five October road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Charlotte isn’t going to be able to stop the run and this game is going to get pretty ugly for them early. Charlotte’s offense is also a big issue and it’s going to be a big issue again for this game. Navy is going to be running wild, Charlotte isn’t going to have a chance to keep this game close, and that will be the difference as Navy is going to get the job done here. Back Navy.