Miami-OH vs Western Michigan Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Western Michigan Broncos (2-4) vs Miami-OH RedHawks (5-1)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Waldo Stadium)
Betting Odds: Western Michigan Broncos +8.5 -- Over/Under: 53.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Miami of Ohio Redhawks and Western Michigan Broncos face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Waldo Stadium.
Western Michigan Needs Better Defense
When Western Michigan has struggled it’s mostly been the defense that has let them down. In the last game against Mississippi State, Western Michigan’s offense scored 28 points, but the defense gave up 41 points. Quarterback Hayden Wolff did have a strong game completing 27 of his 35 passes for 262 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. Western Michigan overall is averaging 25.5 points while their defense is giving up 36.6 points per game. The defense is ranked 130th and that isn’t good enough.
Western Michigan Betting Trends
- Western Michigan has won four of its last six October games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Western Michigan has covered the spread in seven of its last eight October games as an underdog.
- Western Michigan has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Four of Western Michigan's last five home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Miami OH Coming off an Impressive Win
The Miami of Ohio Redhawks last game came against Bowling Green and they looked quite impressive. The defense didn’t give up any points to Bowling Green while the offense scored 27 points. Brent Gabbert completed 15 of his 18 passes for 170 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Over the last two games the Redhawks have given up only three points total. Miami of Ohio is averaging 31.1 points while their defense is giving up 18.8 points per game. The defense is ranked 29th.
Miami of Ohio Redhawks Trends
- Miami (OH) has won each of its last five games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Miami (OH) has covered the spread in each of its last five games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Miami (OH) has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Each of Miami (OH)'s last seven October road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Western Michigan’s offense has been good this season, but now they face off against a defense that has a ton of confidence. In this game the Western Michigan offense is going to really struggle to get anything going, and that is going to be the difference here. The Redhawks are only going to need right around 24 points to cover the spread and they will get at least that. Back Miami of Ohio against the spread.