Kansas at Oklahoma State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Oklahoma State Cowboys (3-2) vs Kansas Jayhawks (5-1)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Boone Pickens Stadium)
Betting Odds: Oklahoma State Cowboys +3 -- Over/Under: 58.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Kansas Jayhawks will head down to Stillwater to meet the Oklahoma State Cowboys in Big 12 play this Saturday from Boone Pickens Stadium on FS1. Kansas and Oklahoma State have met in nearly every season since 1946, with the Cowboys holding a series lead of 41-30-2, but KU won last year’s meeting in Lawrence, 37-16.
Kansas Jayhawks Preview
Kansas enters at 5-1 after defeating UCF in Lawrence, 51-22. The Jayhawks put it on their new conference foes early and often, and they’ll now look to creep up the AP rankings with a win here in Stillwater. The Kansas offense is scoring 36.0 ppg, while passing for 201.3 ypg, rushing for 232.3 ypg, and converting 53.3% of their third downs.
Kansas Player Notes
• Jalon Daniels will likely miss a third straight contest, meaning Jason Bean will get the nod behind center again. The senior QB didn’t have to do much in the lopsided victory over Central Florida, passing for 91 yards and a score, but he may have to make a few throws here on the road in Stillwater. Bean has passed for 503 yards and four touchdowns in three starts.
• Junior back Devin Neal went for a season-high 154 yards and a score in the win over UCF, and he leads KU in rushing yards (593) and touchdowns (6), with 169 receiving yards and a score through six games.
• Sophomore RB Daniel Hinshaw has scored in five of the first six games, and after going for a season-best 134 yards and two scores himself against the Knights, he’s second on the team with 413 yards on 60 carries.
• Third-year wideout Lawrence Arnold also found the endzone last weekend, and he leads the team in receptions (20) and receiving yards (256).
• The Kansas defense has allowed 25.5 points per game.
Oklahoma State Cowboys Preview
Oklahoma State moved to 3-2 after defeating Kansas State, 29-21. The Cowboys came out of their bye energized with the victory over KSU, and they’ll now look to double down against the Sunflower State this Saturday. The Oklahoma State offense is scoring 23.4 ppg, while passing for 225.0 ypg, rushing for 132.2 ypg, and converting 35.8% of their third downs.
Oklahoma State Player Notes
• Alan Bowman did his job by protecting the football last weekend versus KState, passing for 235 yards, while taking no sacks. The senior quarterback hasn’t replicated Spencer Sanders’ success behind center after coming over from Michigan, but he’ll look to build on last week’s winning effort here at home. Bowman has thrown for 748 yards with two touchdowns to three interceptions thru five starts.
• Sophomore back Ollie Gordon III has picked things up here in conference play, surpassing the 135-yard mark in both Big 12 matchups, and he leads the Cowboys in rushing with 366 yards on 58 carries.
• Sophomore wideout Jaden Bray has caught four passes or more in all five games this season, and he leads the team in receptions (22) and receiving yards (292).
• The Oklahoma St. defense is allowing 23.2 points per game.
Kansas vs Oklahoma State Trends
• KU is 4-1 against the spread, with a 2-3 O/U record.
• Oklahoma St. is 2-2 ATS, with a 2-2 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Oklahoma State was able to capitalize last week as home underdogs, but I believe Kansas presents a stronger threat than their in-state rivals. The Jayhawks have been one of the sharper teams in the country, aside from a tough spot in Austin, and there’s a good chance they came through in this manageable spot. KU has one of the best ground games in the country, and they won’t let turnovers alter the contest like KState did last Friday. Back Kansas for this Big 12 battle.