Iowa vs Wisconsin Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Wisconsin Badgers (4-1) vs Iowa Hawkeyes (5-1)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 4:00 pm (Camp Randall Stadium)
Betting Odds: Wisconsin Badgers -10 -- Over/Under: 34.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Iowa Hawkeyes will play the Wisconsin Badgers in a Big Ten game on Saturday afternoon at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, Wisconsin. Iowa is coming off of two straight conference wins, while Wisconsin has won three games in a row.
The Iowa Hawkeyes are 5-1 (2-1) this season after they defeated Purdue by a score of 20-14 last week. Iowa led 10-7 at the half and they were able to open the lead to 20-7 early in the fourth quarter for the win. The Hawkeyes were out gained by a total of 343-291, but did force two turnovers in the game. Iowa defeated Michigan State by a score of 26-16 in the game prior, but did lose to Penn State by a score of 31-0 in their Big Ten opener. The Iowa offense is averaging 21.8 points per game with 129.8 passing yards per game and 119.3 rushing yards per game, while going 26.9% on third down attempts. Deacon Hill has thrown for 274 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Hawkeyes this year. Leshon Williams has rushed for 285 yards, while Erick All has caught 19 passes for 280 yards and three scores. The Iowa defense is giving up 16.3 points against per game this year.
The Wisconsin Badgers are 4-1 (2-0) this season after they defeated Rutgers by a score of 24-13 last week. Wisconsin led 17-0 at the half and never let Rutgers get within single digits in the second half. The Badgers out gained Rutgers by a total of 358-275 and forced them to go 2-12 on third downs in the win. Wisconsin’s lone loss came against Washington State on the road by a score of 31-22. The Wisconsin offense is averaging 31.4 points per game with 209.6 passing yards per game and 204 rushing yards per game, while going 47.2% on third downs this year. Tanner Mordecai has thrown for 1,021 yards, three touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Badgers this season. Braelon Allen has rushed for 472 yards and seven scores, while Will Pauling has caught 22 passes for 243 yards. The Wisconsin defense is allowing 18.4 points against per game this year.
Wisconsin Badgers Team Facts
- Wisconsin has won 34 of its last 39 games against non-AP-ranked teams at Camp Randall Stadium.
- Wisconsin has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four home games.
- Wisconsin has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Camp Randall Stadium.
- Wisconsin has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Camp Randall Stadium.
- Four of Wisconsin's last five October games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Iowa Hawkeyes Team Facts
- Iowa has won each of its last six games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Iowa has covered the spread in each of its last five games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Iowa has won the first half in six of its last eight games against conference opponents.
- Each of Iowa's last five October games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Iowa comes into this game with their backup quarterback and an offense that is really struggling once again this season. The Hawkeyes have managed to start the season with a 5-1 record, but they are averaging just about 250 yards per game. Wisconsin also has one loss on the season, but they are the much better team in this matchup. The Badgers offense is averaging over 400 yards per game and their defense has been pretty solid as well. I cannot trust this Iowa team to score more than a few times, so I am going to take Wisconsin at home.