Iowa State vs Cincinnati Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Cincinnati Bearcats (2-3) vs Iowa State Cyclones (3-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Nippert Stadium)
Betting Odds: Cincinnati Bearcats -5 -- Over/Under: 45 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Iowa State Cyclones and Cincinnati Bearcats face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Nippert Stadium.
Iowa State Looks to Ride Momentum
Iowa State is coming off a big win in their last game against TCU and they are going to look to ride that here. A big third quarter was the difference scoring 14 points and that was enough to secure the 27-14 victory. Eli Sanders had a big game on the ground rushing 16 times for 99 yards and a touchdown. Rocco Becht also completed 16 of his 28 passes for 138 yards and a touchdown. Iowa State is averaging 21.8 points while their defense is giving up 21.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 107th in the league and in this game the offense needs to get going here.
Iowa State Betting Trends
- Iowa State has lost each of its last six road games.
- Iowa State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four road games.
- Iowa State has lost the first half in nine of its last 11 road games against conference opponents.
- Eleven of Iowa State's last 12 games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Cincinnati Has Struggled This Season
Cincinnati comes into this game with a 2-3 record overall and they were defeated again in this last game. The offense scored 27 points against BYU but the defense gave up 35 points and that led to the defeat. Emory Jones had a strong game completing 23 of his 37 passes for 256 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. He also finished the game with 94 yards on the ground. The Bearcats are averaging 30 points per game while their defense is giving up 24 points per game.
Cincinnati Betting Trends
- Cincinnati has won each of its last eight home games in October.
- Cincinnati has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six games in October.
- Cincinnati has won the first half in 15 of its last 18 games against conference opponents at Nippert Stadium.
- Cincinnati has won the first quarter in 10 of its last 13 games against conference opponents at Nippert Stadium.
- Each of Cincinnati's last six games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Iowa State looked good in the last game and I expect they are going to find success again in this game. Emory Jones has been good this season for Cincinnati but I am not sold on the rest of the offense and that is going to hurt them here. Iowa State’s defense is going to lockdown here, and that is going to be the difference as the Cyclones are going to get the job done. Back Iowa State against the spread.