Georgia vs Vanderbilt Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Vanderbilt Commodores (2-5) vs Georgia Bulldogs (6-0)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 12:00 pm (FirstBank Stadium)
Betting Odds: Vanderbilt Commodores +31.5 -- Over/Under: 56 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Georgia Bulldogs and Vanderbilt Commodores face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Vanderbilt Stadium.
Georgia Has to Avoid A Letdown
Georgia comes into this game with a 6-0 record overall but this is a spot they can’t let them down. They are no doubt the better team in this game, but weird things have happened in college football. In the last game against Kentucky the defense gave up only 13 points while the offense scored 51 points. Carson Beck completed 28 of his 35 passes for 389 yards, four touchowns, and one interception. Georgia is averaging 40.7 points while their defense is giving up 13 points per game.
Georgia Betting Trends
- Georgia has won each of its last 23 games.
- The team ranked 1st in the AP Poll has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia has won the first quarter in seven of its last nine games against conference opponents.
- Six of Georgia's last eight October games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Another Down Year for Vanderbilt
It’s another down year for Vanderbilt and they currently sit with a 2-4 record overall. Vanderbilt scored 21 points against Missouri, but the defense gave up 38 points and that led to the defeat. Ken Seals completed 20 of his 31 passes for 259 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Vanderbilt is averaging 28.9 points while their defense is giving up 34 points per game. The offense is ranked 73rd in the league while the defense is ranked 118th. Starting quarterback AJ Swann is dealing with an elbow injury and he’s questionable for this game.
Vanderbilt Betting Trends
- Vanderbilt has lost 22 of its last 23 games against AP-ranked teams.
- Vanderbilt has failed to cover the spread in each of its last eight games against top-5 AP-ranked teams.
- Vanderbilt has lost the first half in 14 of its last 16 home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Vanderbilt's last four games at FirstBank Stadium have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
It doesn’t matter who starts for Vanderbilt because it’s the defense that is going to let them down. Georgia is coming off a game where they scored 51 points and they are going to go over that number again here. I do expect Vanderbilt is going to score at least 10 points here, and that will be enough for this game to go over the total. This is one of my favorite plays on the entire board.