Cal vs Utah Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Utah Utes (4-1) vs California Golden Bears (3-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 3:00 pm (Rice-Eccles Stadium)
Betting Odds: Utah Utes -12 -- Over/Under: 45 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Pac-12 Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Cal Golden Bears and Utah Utes face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Cal Better Than 3-3?
The Cal Golden Bears come into this game with a 3-3 record but their might be a little better than then the record says. In the last game against Oregon State, Cal scored 40 points, but it wasn’t enough as they were defeated 52-40. Fernando Mendoza completed 21 of his 32 passes for 207 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. California is averaging 32.5 points while their defense is giving up 30.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 46th but the defense has let them down this year.
Cal Betting Trends
- California has lost each of its last 11 games as an underdog.
- California has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six road games against conference opponents.
- California has lost the first half in 10 of its last 12 games against conference opponents.
- Nine of California's last 10 road games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Is this the Game Cam Rising Finally Comes Back?
Utah comes into this game with a 4-1 record overall but their last game was a disappointing one. Utah only managed seven points against Oregon State and they ended up losing by 14 points. One of the big issues for Utah is they still don’t have Cam Rising back. There is a chance quarterback Cam Rising could play in this game, but Utah hasn’t really been forthcoming with his status all season. Utah is averaging 19.2 points while their defense is giving up 11.8 points per game.
Utah Betting Trends
- Utah has won each of its last 19 home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Utah has covered the spread in seven of its last eight home games in October.
- Utah has won the first half in each of its last three home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Utah's last five games as a home favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game comes down to the Cal offense against the Utah defense. I do think the Utah defense is going going to step up and that is going to be the difference here. I really don’t have a strong play on the side, but I do think this game is going to end up being lower scoring. Especially if RIsiing isn’t back I don’t trust this Utah offense and this game is going to end up staying under the total.