Boise State vs Colorado State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Colorado State Rams (2-3) vs Boise State Broncos (3-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 9:45 pm (Canvas Stadium)
Betting Odds: Colorado State Rams +7.5 -- Over/Under: 61 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Boise State Broncos and Colorado State Rams face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium.
Boise State Looks to Move About .500
Boise State sits with a 3-3 record overall and they looked impressive in the last game. They scored 14 points in the 4th quarter and that was enough to secure the victory. Maddux Madsen completed 9 of his 16 passes for 155 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Ashton Jeanty finished with 24 carries for 167 yards. Boise State is averaging 29.7 points while their defense is giving up 30.8 points per game. The offense is ranked 69th and it’s going to need to be the offense to be good here.
Boise State Betting Trends
- Boise State has won 10 of its last 11 games against conference opponents.
- Boise State has covered the spread in each of its last five games in October.
- Each of Boise State's last four games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Colorado State Looks to Bounce Back
Colorado State scored 24 points in the last game against Utah State but it wasn’t enough as the defense gave up 44 points and that led to the 20 point defeat. Brayden Fowler-Nicolosi completed 26 of his 57 passes for 225 yards and three interceptions. He needs to figure out the interception issues or it’s going to be a long game. The offense is averaging 31 points while their defense is giving up 36 points per game. The offense is ranked 57th in the league while the defense is ranked 128th.
Colorado State Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Colorado State's last seven games at Canvas Stadium.
- Colorado State has covered the spread in five of its last six games as an underdog.
- Colorado State has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Canvas Stadium.
- Seven of Colorado State's last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams at Canvas Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Colorado State’s defense gave up 44 points in the last game and they are going to really struggle again in this game. Boise State is averaging only 29.7 points per game but they are going to go over that number here. Colorado State’s offense is fine, but they aren’t going to be keeping up and that is going to be the difference as Boise State is going to get the job done. Back Boise State against the spread.