Arkansas vs Alabama Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Alabama Crimson Tide (5-1) vs Arkansas Razorbacks (2-4)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Bryant-Denny Stadium)
Betting Odds: Alabama Crimson Tide -20 -- Over/Under: 47 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arkansas Razorbacks and Alabama Crimson Tide face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
What a Disappointing Season for Arkansas
It has been nothing but a disappointing season so far this season for Arkansas and coming into this game they sit with a 2-4 record overall. In the last game against Ole Miss, they actually played pretty well, but the offense only managed 20 points and that led to the seven point defeat. KJ Jefferson has been under center for Arkansas and he completed 25 of his 39 passes for 250 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions. Ty Washington finished with seven carries for 90 yards and two touchdowns. Arkansas is averaging 31.3 points while their defense is giving up 25.3 points per game. In this game the defense is going to need to be good, or they won’t have much of a chance.
Arkansas Betting Trends
- Arkansas has lost each of its last eight October games against top-15 AP-ranked teams.
- Arkansas has covered the spread in each of its last four games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- Arkansas has won the first half in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Five of Arkansas' last six road games have gone OVER the total points line.
Alabama Coming Off Huge Win
Alabama sits with a 5-1 record overall and they are coming off a big win over Texas A&M in the last game. Alabama scored 26 points against Texas A&M but even more impressive was the defense. The defense gave up only three points in the second half. Jalen Milroe completed 21 of his 33 passes for 321 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. Alabama is averaging 31.2 points while their defense is giving up 15.2 points per game. On the season Milroe has thrown for 1,159 yards, nine touchdowns, and four interceptions.
Alabama Betting Trends
- Alabama has won each of its last 14 games against conference opponents at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- Alabama has covered the spread in seven of its last eight October games at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- Alabama has won the first half in 21 of its last 28 games against conference opponents.
- Five of Alabama's last six October games as a home favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This Arkansas team is awful, and they are going to really struggle in this game. I expect Alabama’s defense is going to step up in a big way and that is going to be the difference as they are going to find success here. Milroe seems to finally be figuring it out and he’s going to look really good here again. Alabama is going to go over 40 points here and that is going to be the difference as they are going to get the job done. Back Alabama against the spread.