Akron vs Central Michigan Prediction - College Football Picks 10/14/23
Central Michigan Chippewas (3-3) vs Akron Zips (1-5)
Game Info: Saturday, October 14, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Kelly/Shorts Stadium)
Betting Odds: Central Michigan Chippewas -12.5 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Akron Zips and Central Michigan Chippewas face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.
Akron’s Offense Still Isn’t Good
Akron comes into this game with a 1-5 record overall and they still have a major problem with the offense. In the last game against Northern Illinois, Akron scored 14 points while the defense gave up 55 points. Tahj Bullock completed 19 of his 34 passes for 146 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Akron is averaging 16.5 points while their defense is giving up 29.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 128th in college football, and that is going to need to be improved upon.
Akron Betting Trends
- Akron has lost each of its last eight October games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Akron has covered the spread in five of its last six road games.
- Akron has lost the first half in 31 of its last 36 games against conference opponents.
- Four of Akron's last five October road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Central Michigan’s Offense Needs to Bounce Back
Central Michigan comes into this game with a 3-3 record but their offense really struggled in the last game. Central Michigan only scored 13 points against Buffalo and that led to the blowout defeat. Jase Bauer completed 28 of his 49 passes for 280 yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions. Central Michigan overall is averaging 23.7 points while their defense is giving up 34 points per game. The offense is ranked 95th in the league and they need the offense to get going here. On the season Bauer has thrown for 879 yards, four touchdowns, and four interceptions.
Central Michigan Betting Trends
- Central Michigan has lost five of its last six October games as a home favorite.
- Central Michigan has failed to cover the spread in each of its last seven October games as a favorite.
- Four of Central Michigan's last five games as a home favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too high. Akron’s offense especially is a major issue and they are going to have some major issues getting going here. Their defense hasn’t been exactly elite, but I expect their defense is going to step up enough to make life tough on Central Michigan. This isn’t a game that is Central Michigan is going to score 30 points and that is going to be the difference as this game is going to lower scoring. Back the under.