Tulane vs Memphis Prediction - College Football Picks 10/13/23
Memphis Tigers (4-1) vs Tulane Green Wave (4-1)
Game Info: Friday, October 13, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium)
Betting Odds: Memphis Tigers +4.5 -- Over/Under: 54.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tulane Green Wave will play the Memphis Tigers in an AAC game on Friday night at Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium in Memphis, Tennessee. Tulane has won three games in a row, while Memphis is coming off of a nice win against Boise State.
The Tulane Green Wave are 4-1 (1-0) this season after they defeated UAB by a score of 35-23 in their last game. Tulane trailed 20-7 in the second quarter, but they scored the next 21 points to take the lead and get the win. The Green Wave out gained UAB by a total of 448-434, but they did turn the ball over twice in the win. Tulane’s lone loss came against Ole Miss by a score of 37-20 in their second game of the season. The Tulane offense is averaging 29.6 points per game with 230.6 passing yards per game and 159 rushing yards per game, while going 40.3% on third downs. Michael Pratt has thrown for 668 yards, eight touchdowns, and one interception for the Green Wave this season. Makhi Hughes has rushed for 368 yards and three touchdowns, while Lawrence Keys III has caught 20 passes for 399 yards and four scores. The Tulane defense is allowing 17.4 points against per game this season.
The Memphis Tigers are 4-1 (1-0) this season after they defeated Boise State by a score of 35-32 in their last game. Memphis trailed 17-0 in the second quarter, but they scored 28 points in a row and were able to hang on for the win. The Tigers were out gained by a total of 519-448, but did force Boise State to go 3-10 on third downs. Memphis lost their previous game against Missouri by a score of 34-27, but they did win their first three games of the year against Bethune-Cookman, Arkansas State, and Navy. The Memphis offense is scoring 35.4 points per game with 277 passing yards per game and 162 rushing yards per game, while going 36.6% on third downs. Seth Henigan has thrown for 1,376 yards, 10 touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Tigers this year. Blake Watson has rushed for 455 yards and six scores, while Roc Taylor has caught 27 passes for 399 yards and two touchdowns. The Memphis defense is giving up 21.4 points against per game this year.
Memphis Tigers Team Facts
- The home team has won each of the last six games between Tulane and Memphis.
- The home team has covered the spread in six of the last seven games between Tulane and Memphis.
- Five of Memphis' last six October games as an underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Tulane Green Wave Team Facts
- Tulane has won each of its last 10 games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Tulane has covered the spread in each of its last six road games against conference opponents.
- Tulane has won the first quarter in six of its last seven games against conference opponents.
- Tulane has won the first half in seven of its last nine games against conference opponents.
- Each of Tulane's last seven October road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Both of these teams come into this game with 4-1 records and will be looking to go 2-0 in conference play here. Tulane had an impressive win over South Alabama in Week 1 and lost to a good Ole Miss team in Week 2, but they haven’t played any real competition in their last three games. Memphis beat a good Boise State team in their last game and almost beat Missouri the week before. I think these two teams are pretty even, so I am going to take Memphis with the points at home.