Fresno State vs Utah State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/13/23
Utah State Aggies (3-3) vs Fresno State Bulldogs (5-1)
Game Info: Friday, October 13, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Merlin Olsen Field at Maverik Stadium)
Betting Odds: Utah State Aggies +4.5 -- Over/Under: 49.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Sports Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Fresno State Bulldogs and Utah State Aggies face off on Friday in a college football showdown at Maverik Stadium.
Fresno State Comes Off Disappointing Loss
Fresno State sits with a 5-1 record overall but they are coming off a disappointing loss in the last game. In the last game against Wyoming, the offense scored only 19 points and that led to the five point defeat. Quarterback Mikey Keene completed 23 of his 35 passes for 218 yards and a touchdown. Fresno State is averaging 33.5 points while their defense is giving up 18.2 points per game. The offense is ranked 38th while the defense is ranked 24th. In this game, the offense is going to need to be better. On the season Mikey Keene has thrown for 1,632 yards, 15 touchdowns, and four interceptions. ]
Fresno State Betting Trends
- Fresno State has won 14 of its last 15 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Fresno State has covered the spread in four of its last five road games.
- Five of Fresno State's last six road games against conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Utah State Looks to Move Over .500
Utah State comes into this game with a 3-3 record and they are coming off a big victory in the last game. Utah State scored 44 points against Colorado State, and that was enough for the 20 point victory. Cooper Legas completed 19 of his 29 passes for 387 yards, four touchdowns, and two interceptions. Utah State is averaging 38.2 points while their defense is giving up 32.2 points per game. The offense is ranked 15th in the league while the defense is ranked 112th. In this game the offense will need to be good, but even more important is going to need to be the defense.
Utah State Betting Trends
- Utah State has won each of its last three October games as a home underdog.
- Utah State has covered the spread in each of its last four October home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Utah State has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Merlin Olsen Field at Maverik Stadium.
- Each of Utah State's last five games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be a shootout. Fresno State’s offense wasn’t great in the last game and now they get to face off against a Utah State defense that is awful. Utah State is giving up 32.2 points per game and will struggle to defend here. I do think Utah State’s offense is going to have no issue running up the score here, and that will be the difference here as this game is going to go over the total.