Washington State vs UCLA Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
UCLA Bruins (3-1) vs Washington State Cougars (4-0)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 3:00 pm (Rose Bowl)
Betting Odds: UCLA Bruins -3.5 -- Over/Under: 60.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Washington State Cougars and UCLA Bruins face off on Saturday in a Pac-12 college football showdown at the Rose Bowl.
How does UCLA Bounce Back?
UCLA comes into this game with a 3-1 record overall but they are coming off a disappointing loss in the last game. UCLA faced off against Utah and the offense only managed seven points on the way to the loss. Quarterback Dante Moore completed 15 of his 35 passes for 234 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. The running game wasn’t good enough and the top rusher only had 31 yards. UCLA is averaging 32 points per game while their defense is giving up 11 points per game. The defense has been good, but in this game the offense is going to need to be good.
UCLA Betting Trends
- UCLA has lost 14 of its last 16 games against top-15 AP-ranked teams.
- UCLA has failed to cover the spread in four of its last five October games as a home favorite.
- UCLA has won the first half in five of its last six games against conference opponents at Rose Bowl.
- UCLA has won the first quarter in five of its last six games against conference opponents at Rose Bowl.
- Each of UCLA's last seven games against AP-ranked teams at Rose Bowl have gone OVER the total points line.
Washington State Looks for Another Big Win
Washington State comes into this game with a 3-0 record and they have played a tough schedule. So far this season Washington State has knocked off Wisconsin, Northern Colorado, and Oregon State. In the last game quarterback Cameron Ward completed 28 of his 34 passes for 404 yards and four touchdowns. Kyler Williams caught seven passes for 174 yards and a touchdown. Washington State is averaging 45.8 points while their defense is giving up 25.5 points per game.
Washington State Betting Trends
- Washington State has won four of its last six October games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The team ranked 13th in the AP Poll has covered the spread in five of its last six games.
- Each of Washington State's last seven October games as an underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Washington State has the better quarterback in Cameron Ward and he’s going to have another big game here. Washington State is averaging 45.8 points per game and even against a good defense I expect they are going to find success scoring here. Washington State has already proven they can beat good teams and I think they will do it again here. I am going to take the points with Washington State, but I am also throwing a few dollars on Washington State on the money line.