TCU vs Iowa State Prediction -College Football Picks 10/7/23
Iowa State Cyclones (2-3) vs TCU Horned Frogs (3-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Jack Trice Stadium)
Betting Odds: Iowa State Cyclones +6.5 -- Over/Under: 49.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The TCU Horned Frogs and Iowa State Cyclones face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Jack Trice Stadium.
TCU Looks to Bounce Back
TCU comes into this game with a 3-2 record overall and they are coming off a disappointing loss. TCU only scored 21 points against West Virginia and that led to the three point defeat. At halftime they were up 21-14, but in the second half they failed to score any points. Chandler Morris completed 23 of his 31 passes for 298 yards and two touchdowns. John Paul Richardson had three catches for 87 yards and a touchdown. TCU is averaging 34.8 points while their defense is giving up 21 points per game.
TCU Betting Trends
- TCU has won each of its last five road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- TCU has covered the spread in four of its last five road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- TCU has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Jack Trice Stadium.
- Each of TCU's last four games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
Iowa State’s Defense Needs to be Better
Iowa State has had a disappointing season so far and they are coming off a loss in the lass game. Iowa State’s defense really struggled giving up 50 points and that led to the 30 point defeat. Iowa State’s quarterback Rocco Becht completed 15 of his 33 passes for 188 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions. Iowa State is averaging 20.8 points while their defense is giving up 23.2 points per game. With the way offense has performed this season the defense needs to be better.
Iowa State Betting Trends
- Iowa State has lost each of its last six games as an underdog.
- Iowa State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four games as an underdog.
- Ten of Iowa State's last 11 games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
TCU’s offense struggled in the second half of the last game and Iowa State’s defense is going to be better here. Look for Iowa State to get a big game from Rocco Becht under center and that is also going to help them here. Iowa State is going to score at least 24 points and that will be enough to keep it close, and might even be enough for them to win this game outright. Back Iowa State against the spread.