South Alabama vs Louisiana-Monroe Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (2-2) vs South Alabama Jaguars (2-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 7:00 pm (JPS Field at James L. Malone Stadium)
Betting Odds: Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks +10 -- Over/Under: 53 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The South Alabama Jaguars and Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Malone Stadium.
South Alabama Looks to Move to .500
South Alabama has had a solid start to the season but they have now lost two games in a row. In the last game against James Madison, South Alabama scored 23 points, but the defense gave up 31 points and that led to the defeat. Two games ago against Central Michigan, they were defeated 34-30. South Alabama is averaging 27.6 points while their defense is giving up 25.2 points per game. The offense is ranked 78th while the pitching is ranked 72nd.
South Alabama Betting Trends
- South Alabama has won five of its last six road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- South Alabama has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight October road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Four of South Alabama's last five games against conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
How Does Louisiana Monroe Bounce Back?
Louisiana-Monroe scored 40 points against Appalachian State, but the defense gave up 41 points and that led to the one point defeat. They were outscored 6-0 in the 4th quarter and that led to the defeat. Jiya Wright completed 18 of his 27 passes for 268 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception. The Warhawks are averaging 21 points while their defense is giving up 28.8 points per game. The offense is ranked 108th while the defense is ranked 91st.
Louisiana Monroe Betting Trends
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost each of its last five October games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The underdog has covered the spread in six of Louisiana-Monroe's last seven games at Malone Stadium.
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost the first half in five of its last six home games against conference opponents.
- Four of Louisiana-Monroe's last five games as a home underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Louisiana-Monroe is going to keep this game close. The Warhawks in the last game scored 40 points and they are going to find offensive success again here. The Warhawks are only averaging 21 points per game but that side of the ball has confidence and they will find success again in this game. Back Louisiana-Monroe against the spread here.