Purdue vs Iowa Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
Iowa Hawkeyes (4-1) vs Purdue Boilermakers (2-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Kinnick Stadium)
Betting Odds: Iowa Hawkeyes -3.5 -- Over/Under: 41.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: BTN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Purdue Boilermakers and Iowa Hawkeyes face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Kinnick Stadium.
Can Deacon Hill Step Up?
The Iowa offense has been a big issue all season and now it might be even a bigger uphill battle. Cade McNamara suffered a torn ACL in the last game and that means that Deacon Hill is now the starter. In the last game he completed 11 of his 27 passes for 115 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Iowa did end up beating Michigan State 26-16, but there has to be some concern about the offense. Iowa is averaging 22.2 points while their defense is giving up 16.8 points per game.
Iowa Betting Trends
- Iowa has won nine of its last 10 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of the last four games between Purdue and Iowa.
- Iowa has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Kinnick Stadium.
- Each of Iowa's last four games as a favorite against Purdue have gone UNDER the total points line.
Purdue Has Been Inconsistent
Purdue has been inconsistent this season but they are coming off a big victory in the last game. Purdue scored 44 points against the Illinois and that was enough for the blowout victory. Hudson Card had a strong game completing 18 of his 26 passes for 217 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Purdue is averaging 28 points while their defense is giving up 29.6 points per game. The offense is ranked 74th. Hudson Card has thrown for 1,244 yards, five touchdowns, and three interceptions.
Purdue Betting Trends
- Purdue has won three of its last four October games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Purdue has covered the spread in each of its last four games as an underdog against Iowa.
- Purdue has lost the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Kinnick Stadium.
- Eleven of Purdue's last 13 road games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Purdue is going to win this game. I am not sold on Hill being the answer for Iowa and he’s going to really struggle in this game. Purdue’s offense was good in the last game and they have a ton of confidence heading into this game. They might not exactly run up the score, but they are going to score enough to get the job done here. Back Purdue to win this game on the money line.