Old Dominion vs Southern Miss Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
Southern Miss Golden Eagles (1-4) vs Old Dominion Monarchs (2-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Carlisle-Faulkner Field at M.M. Roberts Stadium)
Betting Odds: Southern Miss Golden Eagles -1.5 -- Over/Under: 58 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Old Dominion Monarchs and Southern Miss Golden Eagles face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Roberts Stadium.
Old Dominion Continues to be in Close Battles
Old Dominion continues to be in close battles but they are coming off a loss in the last game. Old Dominion scored 35 points against Marshall but the defense gave up 41 points and that led to the defeat. The Monarchs are a run first team, and in the last game Kadarius Calloway finished with 11 carries for 236 yards and three touchdowns. Old Dominion is averaging 24.8 points while their defense is giving up 28.8 points per game. The offense is ranked 95th while the offense is ranked 92nd.
Old Dominion Betting Trends
- Old Dominion has lost each of its last five road games.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Old Dominion's last four games.
- Seven of Old Dominion's last nine October games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Southern Miss Need Better Defense
Southern Miss has had some very poor defense heading into this game and they need defense to be a lot better in this game. In the last game against Texas State, Southern miss gave up 36 points and that led to the 14 point defeat. Under center for Southern Miss is Billy Wiles and he completed 21 of his 45 passes for 275 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Frank Gore Jr finished with 24 carries for 123 yards and two touchdowns. Southern Miss is averaging 25.8 points while their defense is giving up 39 points per game.
Southern Miss Betting Trends
- Southern Miss has lost five of its last six games against conference opponents.
- The favorite has covered the spread in six of Southern Miss' last seven games.
- Southern Miss has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents at M. M. Roberts Stadium.
- Each of Southern Miss' last four games against conference opponents at M. M. Roberts Stadium have gone OVER the total points line
Shane’s Free Pick
Old Dominion hasn’t had exactly an elite offense and now they have face off against Southern Miss who has a defense that has had issues. Southern Miss hasn’t had good defense, but they are going to find success in this game. Old Dominion is going to really struggle to get any type of offense going here, and that is going to be the difference as Southern Miss is going to get the job done. Back Southern Miss against the spread.