Notre Dame vs Louisville Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
Louisville Cardinals (5-0) vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish (5-1)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 7:30 pm (L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium)
Betting Odds: Louisville Cardinals +6 -- Over/Under: 54 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish and Louisville Cardinals face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.
Notre Dame Can’t Afford to Slip Up
Notre Dame has one loss and if they want any chance to make the college football playoff, this is game they need to win. In the last game against Duke, Notre Dame only scored 21 points, but that was enough to win by seven points. Sam Hartman completed 15 of his 30 passes for 222 yards. Notre Dame is averaging 36.5 points while their defense is giving up 13 points per game. The offense is ranked 25th while the defense is ranked 14th.
Notre Dame Betting Trends
- Notre Dame has won each of its last 11 games against opponents from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Notre Dame has covered the spread in each of its last 10 games against opponents from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Notre Dame has won the first quarter in seven of its last nine games against opponents from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Notre Dame has won the first half in each of its last seven road games against opponents from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Eight of Notre Dame's last 10 games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Louisville Faces Another Big Test
Louisville has been tested so far this season and this is another one of those. In the last game against NC State, the Louisville defense was lights out giving up only 10 points and that was enough for the three point victory. Two games ago against Boston Colege, Louisville scored 56 points and that was enough for the blowout victory. Louisville is averaging 37 points while their defense is giving up 17.2 points per game. On the season Jack Plummer has thrown for 1,406 yards, 11 touchdowns, and six interceptions. In this game, the Louisville defense is going to need to step up.
Louisville Betting Trends
- Louisville has won each of its last seven games at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- The favorite has covered the spread in seven of Louisville's last eight games at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Louisville has won the first half in 21 of its last 27 games against non-conference opponents at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- Louisville has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against non-conference opponents.
- Eight of Louisville's last 10 games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Notre Dame vs Louisville Facts
- Louisville ranked T16th among FBS teams for Q3 points allowed per game last season (3.7).
- Louisville ranked T21st among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.615).
- Notre Dame ranked T16th among FBS teams for Q4 points per game last season (9.2).
- Notre Dame ranked 17th among FBS teams for H1 points allowed per game last season (9.5).
Shane’s Free Pick
Louisville really opened up a lot of eyes with their defense in the last game and they are going to find success again in this game. Jack Plummer is going to have another big game here, and he as proven in the biggest games this season he can have success. Louisville is going to slow down Hartman enough that they are going to keep this game close and cover the spread. Back Louisville against the spread.