Kentucky vs Georgia Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
Georgia Bulldogs (5-0) vs Kentucky Wildcats (5-0)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Sanford Stadium)
Betting Odds: Georgia Bulldogs -14.5 -- Over/Under: 47.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Kentucky Wildcats and Georgia Bulldogs face off on Saturday in a college football showdown at Sanford Stadium.
Can Kentucky Shock the World?
Kentucky has a lot of confidence but this is a whole different level of test. In the last game against Florida, Kentucky scored 33 points and that was enough for the blowout victory. Quarterback Devin Leary only threw for 69 yards and it was still a blowout. Running back Re’Mahn Davis had a huge game finishing with 26 carries for 280 yards and three touchdowns. Kentucky is averaging 37 points while their defense is giving up 15.2 points per game. The offense is ranked 21st while the pitching is ranked 19th.
Kentucky Football Trends
- Georgia has won each of its last 22 games at Sanford Stadium.
- Georgia has covered the spread in six of its last seven games against AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia has won the first half in 18 of its last 23 games against conference opponents.
- Each of the last four games between Kentucky and Georgia have gone UNDER the total points line.
Georgia Coming Off A Test
Georgia has a perfect record, but they weren’t exactly dominant in the last game against Auburn. The offense only scored 27 points and that was enough for the seven point victory. Carson Beck did have a big game completing 23 of his 33 passes for 313 yards, one touchdown and one interception. Georgia is averaging 38.6 points while their defense is giving up 13 points per game. The offense is ranked 15th while the defense is ranked 14th. In this game the offense is going to need to have a big game.
Georgia Football Trends
- Kentucky has won each of its last five games.
- Kentucky has covered the spread in nine of its last 10 October games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- Each of Kentucky's last nine October games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This is going to be a defensive battle. Georgia and Kentucky have both had strong defenses and that is going to be the difference here. I still am not sold on the Kentucky offense and it wouldn’t shock me if they finished with only six points. I do think Kentucky’s defense is going to step up in a big way though, and that is going to be the difference as this game is going to stay under the total.