Georgia Tech vs Miami Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
Miami Hurricanes (4-0) vs Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Hard Rock Stadium)
Betting Odds: Miami Hurricanes -19.5 -- Over/Under: 57.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets will play the Miami Hurricanes in an ACC game on Saturday night at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. Georgia Tech is coming off of an upset loss to Bowling Green, while Miami has looked great through four games.
Georgia Tech Preview
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets are 2-3 (1-1) this season after they lost to Bowling Green by a score of 38-27 in overtime last week. Georgia Tech took a quick 14-0 lead in the first six minutes of the game, but it was all downhill from there, as Bowling Green scored the next 38 points. The Yellow Jackets were out gained by a total of 438-417 and turned the ball over three times in the loss. Georgia Tech has alternated wins and losses through their first five games, with wins against South Carolina State and Wake Forest, and losses to Louisville, Ole Miss, and Bowling Green. The Georgia Tech offense is scoring 32.4 points per game with 300 passing yards per game and 167.4 rushing yards per game, while going 48.5% on third downs this year. Haynes King has thrown for 1,480 yards, 15 touchdowns, and four interceptions, while rushing for 176 yards and one touchdown for the Yellow Jackets this season. Jamal Haynes has rushed for 376 yards and two scores, while Eric Singleton Jr. has caught 18 passes for 335 yards and five touchdowns. The Georgia Tech defense is allowing 30.8 points against per game and has allowed at least 38 points in three of their five games.
The Miami Hurricanes are 4-0 (0-0) this season after they defeated Temple by a score of 41-7 in their last game. Miami led 24-0 late in the second quarter and they scored 17 unanswered points in the second half. The Hurricanes out gained Temple by a total of 543-279 and forced three turnovers in the win. Miami has also defeated Miami (OH), Texas A&M, and Bethune-Cookman this season. The Miami offense is averaging 43.8 points per game with 296.5 passing yards per game and 222.5 rushing yards per game, while going 50% on third downs. Tyler Van Dyke has thrown for 1,042 yards, 11 touchdowns, and one interception for the Hurricanes this year. Henry Parrish Jr. has rushed for 331 yards and three scores, while Xavier Restrepo has caught 24 passes for 355 yards and two touchdowns. The Miami defense is giving up 12.5 points against per game this season.
Miami Hurricanes Team Facts
- Miami (FL) has lost four of its last six matches as a home favorite when playing with a rest advantage.
- Miami (FL) has failed to cover the spread in each of its last 10 October home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Miami (FL) has lost the first half in eight of its last nine games against conference opponents at Hard Rock Stadium.
- Four of Miami (FL)'s last five home games against Georgia Tech have gone OVER the total points line.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Team Facts
- Georgia Tech has lost five of its last six October games against AP-ranked teams.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of Georgia Tech's last five games at Hard Rock Stadium.
- Eight of Georgia Tech's last nine road games in October have gone OVER the total points line.
- Miami (FL) ranked 40th among FBS teams for H2 points allowed per game last season (11.3).
- Miami (FL) ranked T40th among FBS teams for Q4 win percentage last season (.500).
- Georgia Tech was one of only 26 FBS teams to win 2+ games when trailing after Q3 last season.
Miami comes into this game looking like one of the best teams in the country, as they have steam rolled just about everyone they have played. On the other side, Georgia Tech is coming off of a terrible loss to Bowling Green last week. The Yellow Jackets defense has not been very good and I expect this Miami team to move the ball at will. The Miami defense has been very solid, but did allow 33 points to Texas A&M in Week 2. I don’t think things are going to go much better for Georgia Tech on the road here, so I am taking Miami to win big.