Colorado vs Arizona State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
Arizona State Sun Devils (1-4) vs Colorado Buffaloes (3-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 6:30 pm (Mountain America Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arizona State Sun Devils +4 -- Over/Under: 60 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Pac-12 Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Colorado Buffaloes and Arizona State Sun Devils face off on Saturday in a Pac-12 college football showdown at Sun Devil Stadium.
Can Colorado Pick Up A Win?
Colorado has lost two games in a row, but they almost were able to make the comeback in the last game. Colorado outscored USC 14-0 in the 4th quarter, but it wasn’t enough as they were defeated 48-41. Shedur Sanders had a strong game completing 30 of his 45 passes for 371 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception. The Buffaloes are averaging 34.2 points while their defense is giving up 36.2 points per game. The offense is ranked 40th and the offense is going to need to have a big game here. Travis Hunter is expected to miss the next couple of games.
Colorado Betting Trends
- Colorado has lost each of its last nine road games in October.
- Colorado has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six October road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Colorado has lost the first half in each of its last six road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Colorado's last five road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Arizona State Looks for Second Win
Arizona State won their first game of hte season but since that point they have really struggled. In the last game against California, the offense scored 21 points but the defense gave up 24 points and that led to the defeat. Sun Devils quarterback Trenton Bourguet completed 26 of his 41 passes for 344 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. Arizona State is averaging 17.6 points while their defense is giving up 28.6 points per game. In this game the offense needs to find a way to be good.
Arizona State Betting Trends
- Arizona State has lost each of its last nine games as an underdog.
- Arizona State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Arizona State has lost the first half in four of its last five home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Arizona State's last five games against non-AP-ranked teams at Mountain America Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Arizona State isn’t a good offensive team and they are going to have some major issues scoring against Colorado here. Colorado is averaging 34.2 points and they are going to go over that number here. I expect Colorado is going to finish with at least 42 points and that is going to be the difference here as the Buffaloes are going to get the job done. Back Colorado to win this game and cover the spread.