Colorado State vs Utah State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
Utah State Aggies (2-3) vs Colorado State Rams (2-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Merlin Olsen Field at Maverik Stadium)
Betting Odds: Utah State Aggies +3 -- Over/Under: 62.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: TBD Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Colorado State Rams will play the Utah State Aggies in a Mountain West game on Saturday night at Maverik Stadium in Logan, Utah. Colorado State has won two games in a row since that overtime loss to Colorado, while Utah State got their first FBS win last week.
Colorado State Preview
The Colorado State Rams are 2-2 this season after they defeated Utah Tech by a score of 41-20 in their last game. Colorado State only led 21-17 at the half, but they out scored Utah Tech by a total of 20-3 in the second half for the win. The Rams out gained their opponent by a total of 586-349, but did turn the ball over three times in the game. Colorado State defeated Middle Tennessee during the previous week, but did lose their first two games to Colorado and Washington State. The Colorado State offense is scoring 32.8 points per game with 384 passing yards per game and 71 rushing yards per game, while going 45.6% on third downs this year. Brayden Fowler-Nicolosi has thrown for 1,360 yards, 11 touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Rams this season. Avery Morrow (doubtful) has rushed for 100 yards, while Tory Horton has caught 45 passes for 540 yards and six scores. The Colorado State defense is allowing 34 points against per game, but has played better in their last two games.
Utah State Preview
The Utah State Aggies are 2-3 (0-1) this season after they defeated UConn by a score of 34-33 last week. Utah State allowed a touchdown with 40 seconds left in the game, but they blocked the extra point to hang on for the win. The Aggies were out gained by a total of 473-416 and turned the ball over two times in the loss. Utah State lost their first three games against FBS teams to Iowa, Air Force, and James Madison. The Utah State offense is averaging 37 points per game with 277.8 passing yards per game and 149.8 rushing yards per game, while going 36.4% on third down conversions this season. Cooper Legas has thrown for 588 yards, six touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Aggies this year. Davon Booth has rushed for 254 yards and two touchdowns, while Jalen Royals has caught 26 passes for 382 yards and five scores. The Utah State defense is giving up 33.8 points against per game and has not played well this season.
Utah State Aggies Team Facts
- The favorite has won 14 of Utah State's last 15 games.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of the last four games between Colorado State and Utah State.
- Utah State has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents at Merlin Olsen Field at Maverik Stadium.
- Utah State has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Merlin Olsen Field at Maverik Stadium.
- Each of the last five games between Colorado State and Utah State have gone UNDER the total points line.
Colorado State Rams Team Facts
- Colorado State has lost each of its last three games as a road favorite.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of Colorado State's last four games.
- Seven of Colorado State's last eight October games as a road favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Colorado State ranked T38th among FBS teams for H2 points allowed per game last season (11.3).
Colorado State comes into this game with some momentum after they have won two games in a row, while Utah State was able to get a one point win last week against a bad UConn team. Both teams have been able to put up a lot of yards on offense, but the defenses have not been very good. Colorado State has played well in their last three games, including the double overtime loss to Colorado, and I think they will continue too play well here. Take Colorado State on the road, as I really like their passing attack.