Central Michigan vs Buffalo Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
Buffalo Bulls (1-4) vs Central Michigan Chippewas (3-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 2:00 pm (UB Stadium)
Betting Odds: Buffalo Bulls +3 -- Over/Under: 52 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Central Michigan Chippewas will play the Buffalo Bulls in a MAC game on Saturday afternoon at UB Stadium in Buffalo, New York. Central Michigan has won two games in a row, while Buffalo was able to get their first win of the season last week.
Central Michigan Preview
The Central Michigan Chippewas are 3-2 (1-0) this season after they defeated Eastern Michigan by a score of 26-23 last week. Central Michigan had a few leads in this game, but they were able to put the game away with a fourth quarter score. The Chippewas out gained EMU by a total of 411-341, but did turn the ball over once in the win. Central Michigan has wins against New Hampshire, South Alabama, and EMU, while losing to Michigan State and Notre Dame. The CMU offense is scoring 25.4 points per game with 177 passing yards per game and 161.6 rushing yards per game, while going 34.4% on third down conversions this season. Jase Bauer has thrown for 599 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception for the Chippewas this year. Myles Bailey has rushed for 305 yards and two touchdowns, while Jesse Prewitt III has caught 16 passes for 257 yards and two scores. The CMU defense is allowing 33.4 points against per game and has been a sore spot to start the season.
The Buffalo Bulls are 1-4 (1-0) this season after they defeated Akron by a score of 13-10 in overtime in their last game. Buffalo was able to tie the game in the third quarter and their defense didn’t allow a single point in the second half or overtime. The Bulls out gained Akron by a total of 254-253 and held Akron to just 2-11 on third downs. Prior to their win last week, Buffalo had lost four games in a row to Wisconsin, Fordham, Liberty, and Louisiana. The Buffalo offense is averaging 26 points per game with 214.4 passing yards per game and 119.2 rushing yards per game, while going 32.9% on third downs this season. Cole Snyder has thrown for 1,075 yards, 11 touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Bulls this year. Mike Washington has rushed for 234 yards and two touchdowns, while Marlyn Johnson has caught 19 passes for 208 yards and four scores. The Buffalo defense is giving up 37.6 points against per game and has allowed 38+ points in four out of five games this year.
Buffalo Bulls Team Facts
- Buffalo has won six of its last seven October games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of Buffalo's last five games.
- Each of the last four games between Central Michigan and Buffalo have gone OVER the total points line.
Central Michigan Chippewas Team Facts
- Central Michigan has lost three of its last four October games as a favorite.
- Central Michigan has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six October games as a favorite.
- Each of Central Michigan's last four road games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Buffalo was one of only 14 FBS teams to lose 3+ games when leading at HT last season.
- Buffalo was one of only 26 FBS teams to win 2+ games when trailing after Q3 last season.
- Central Michigan ranked T38th among FBS teams for H2 points allowed per game last season (11.3).
Buffalo was able to pick up their first win last week, but they have not played well so far this season. Central Michigan also won last week and they are looking to pick up their fourth win of the season here. Both of these defenses have been pretty bad, but I have to go against Buffalo in this one. I think Central Michigan is the better team and they will be playing with more confidence, as they have had much more success so far this year. Take the Chippewas to get the win in a shootout.