Bowling Green vs Miami-OH Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
Miami-OH RedHawks (4-1) vs Bowling Green Falcons (2-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Fred C. Yager Stadium)
Betting Odds: Miami-OH RedHawks -10.5 -- Over/Under: 44.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Bowling Green Falcons and Miami of Ohio Redhawks face off on Saturday in a college football at Yager Stadium.
Bowling Green Riding a High
Bowling Green is riding a high heading into this game after a victory in the last game against Georgia Tech. Bowling Green was down 14-7 after the first quarter but in the second and third quarter they scored 31 points total and that was enough for the win. Connor Bazelak had a big game completing 21 of his 32 passes for 263 yards and a touchdown. Bowling Green is averaging 22.6 points while their defense is giving up 29 points per game. On the season Bazelak has thrown for 762 yards, four touchdowns, and five interceptions.
Bowling Green Betting Trends
- Bowling Green has won three of its last four October games as an underdog.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of Bowling Green's last three games.
- Bowling Green has lost the first half in 16 of its last 21 road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Bowling Green's last four October road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Redhawks Look for Fifth Straight Win
After losing the first game of the season against the Miami Hurricanes, the Redhawks have won four straight games. In the last game against Kent State the defense was elite giving up only three points. Miami of Ohio already has wins this season over UMass and Cincinnati. Miami of Ohio is averaging 32 points while their defense is giving up 22.6 points per game. The offense is ranked 52nd while the pitching is ranked 50th. Brett Gabert has thrown for 1,062 yards, 10 touchdowns, and three interceptions.
Miami of Ohio Betting Trends
- Miami (OH) has won 18 of its last 20 games against non-AP-ranked teams at Fred C. Yager Stadium.
- Miami (OH) has covered the spread in each of its last four games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Miami (OH) has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents at Fred C. Yager Stadium.
- Each of Miami (OH)'s last six games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Bowling Green is coming off quite the victory, but this is a letdown spot for them. Miami of Ohio has dominated and in the last game the defense was dominating. Bowling Green’s offense is going to really struggle to get the offense going here, and that is going to be the difference as Miami of Ohio is going to find success. Back Miami of Ohio to win this game and cover the spread.