Boston College at Army Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
Army Black Knights (2-2) vs Boston College Eagles (2-3)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Blaik Field at Michie Stadium)
Betting Odds: Army Black Knights -3.5 -- Over/Under: 52.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBSS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Boston College Eagles will travel to West Point to meet the Army Black Knights in non-conference action from Boston College and Army go back to their time as Independents, and they met in every season from 1975-1995. BC leads the head-to-head series, 25-13.
Boston College Eagles Preview
Boston College comes in at 2-3 after defeating Virginia at home by three, 27-24. The Eagles outscored the Cavs by seventeen in the second half, and they’ll look to get back to .500 this weekend in West Point. The BC offense is scoring 30.8 ppg, while passing for 230.4 ypg, rushing for 168.2 ypg, and converting 41% of their third downs.
BC Player Notes
• Thomas Castellanos had another solid two-way effort thru air and ground versus UVA, passing for 183 yards with two touchdowns. The former UCF quarterback has passed for multiple scores in four of the first five games, while also surpassing the 70-yard mark on the ground in four contests as well. Castellanos has totaled 1,092 passing yards, with ten touchdowns to four interceptions, and he leads BC in rushing with 358 yards and three scores.
• Senior back Pat Garwo III came through with his best outing of the season against Virginia, and he now leads the backfield with 159 rushing yards.
• Lewis Bond has scored four times in the last three games, he leads BC in receptions (23) and receiving yards (350).
• The BC defense has allowed 33.2 points per game.
Army Black Knights Preview
Army dropped to 2-2 after losing to Syracuse on the road, 29-16. The Black Knights led at the break, but they failed to keep up with the Orange, and they’ll look to bounce back here at home. The Army offense is scoring 30.8 ppg, while passing for 169.5 ypg, rushing for 209.5 ypg, and converting 37.3% of their third downs.
Army Player Notes
• Bryson Daily was unable to push the ball in the Dome last weekend when the Cadets fell behind, only going 9/21 for 145 yards with a touchdown to two picks. The junior quarterback wasn’t able to follow up his strong start against UTSA well, and he’ll look to bounce back here versus BC. Daily has passed for 592 yards, with five touchdowns to four interceptions, and rushed for 275 yards through four games.
• Sophomore back Hayden Reed performed well against UTSA, and he leads the backfield with 159 rushing yards.
• Second-year wideout Noah Short has scored in back-to-back games, and he leads the Knights in receptions (11), with 192 yards.
• The Army defense is allowing 18.8 points per game.
Boston College vs Army Trends
• BC is 1-3 against the spread, with a 0-3-1 O/U record.
• Army is 3-1 ATS, with a 2-2 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Boston College’s defensive struggles may get them in trouble here, as they might have a tough time stopping a more balanced Army team, but with the tools they have offensively, they’re worth a look as underdogs here. Two of BC’s first three losses have been by a field goal or less, so they’ve been competing, it’s just a matter of stopping their opening. The Over will be in play, but give Boston College a look here as road underdogs.