Arizona vs USC Prediction - College Football Picks 10/7/23
USC Trojans (5-0) vs Arizona Wildcats (3-2)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 10:30 pm (United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum)
Betting Odds: USC Trojans -21.5 -- Over/Under: 72 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arizona Wildcats will play the USC Trojans in a PAC-12 game on Saturday night at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, California. Arizona is coming off of a close loss to Washington, while USC has started the season undefeated.
The Arizona Wildcats are 3-2 (1-1) this season after they lost to Washington by a score of 31-24 in their last game. Arizona trailed 28-10 in the third quarter, but they were able to fight back and make it a game late. The Wildcats were out gained by a total of 474-342 and turned the ball over once in the loss. Arizona played well in the loss and their defense held Washington to their lowest point total of the season. The Wildcats won their previous two games against Stanford and UTEP. The Arizona offense is scoring 26.4 points per game with 273.6 passing yards per game and 155.2 rushing yards per game, while going 39% on third down conversions this season. Jayden de Laura (questionable) missed last game, but he has thrown for 1,069 yards, nine touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Wildcats. If de Laura can’t go, it will be Noah Fifita under center. Jonah Coleman has rushed for 220 yards, while Tetairoa McMillan has caught 27 passes for 386 yards and five scores this season. The Arizona defense is allowing 19 points against per game this year and has been very solid through their first five games.
The USC Trojans are 5-0 (3-0) this season after they defeated Colorado by a score of 48-41 in their last game. USC led 34-7 in the second quarter, but Colorado had a big second half to nearly comeback. The Trojans were out gained by a total of 564-498 and only went 3-9 on third down attempts. USC has one of the best offensive attacks in the country, but their defense leaves a lot to be desired. The Trojans defeated San Jose State, Nevada, Stanford, and Arizona State in their first four games of the year. The USC offense is averaging 53.6 points per game with 382.4 passing yards per game and 172.6 rushing yards per game, while going 44.7% on third downs this year. Caleb Williams has thrown for 1,603 yards, 21 touchdowns, and one interception for the Trojans this season. MarShawn Lloyd has rushed for 433 yards and three touchdowns, while Tahj Washington has caught 18 passes for 395 yards and five scores. The USC defense is giving up 24.2 points against per game and has allowed 69 points in their last two games.
USC Trojans Team Facts
- USC has won each of its last 10 games at United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- USC has covered the spread in four of its last five games at United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- USC has won the first half in six of its last seven games against conference opponents at United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- Eleven of USC's last 12 games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Arizona Wildcats Team Facts
- Arizona has lost 10 of its last 11 games in October.
- Arizona has covered the spread in each of its last four games against top-10 AP-ranked teams.
- Arizona has lost the first half in each of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Each of Arizona's last five games as an underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
- USC ranked 5th among FBS teams for H1 points per game last season (21.5).
- USC ranked T5th among FBS teams for H1 win percentage last season (.786).
- Arizona ranked 37th among FBS teams for H2 points per game last season (15.2).
- Arizona ranked 39th among FBS teams for Q4 points per game last season (8.4).
Arizona went into their last game against Washington as a big underdog and was missing their starting quarterback, but they played pretty well and only lost by seven points. USC has one of the top offensive attacks in college football, but their defense has struggled over the last two weeks. I would feel a lot better about Arizona if they were at home for this game, but being on the road will make it more difficult. I actually think this total is a bit too high, especially after watching Arizona limit Washington last week. Take the under here.