Alabama vs Texas A&M Prediction- College Football Picks 10/7/23
Texas A&M Aggies (4-1) vs Alabama Crimson Tide (4-1)
Game Info: Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Kyle Field)
Betting Odds: Texas A&M Aggies +1 -- Over/Under: 46 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Alabama Crimson Tide and Texas A&M Aggies face off on Saturday in an SEC college football showdown at Kyle Field.
Alabama Looks to Build on Last Week
Alabama looked good in the last game against Mississippi State and that led to the easy victory. Alabama’s defense gave up 17 points and the offense scored 40 points on the way to the victory. Even though they won, Jalen Milroe needs to continue to improve. Against Mississippi State, Milroe threw for 164 yards and he also rushed for 69 yards and two touchdowns. Alabama is averaging 32.2 points while their defense is giving up 14.2 points per game. The defense is ranked 17th and they are going to need the defense to step up again here.
Alabama Betting Trends
- Alabama has won each of its last 15 games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The team ranked 11th in the AP Poll has covered the spread in three of its last four games.
- Alabama has lost the first half in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Four of Alabama's last five games as a favorite against Texas A&M have gone OVER the total points line.
Must Win Game for Texas A&M
If Texas A&M wants to win the SEC they are going to need to win this game. In the last game against Arkansas, Texas A&M scored 34 points and that was enough to secure the 12 point victory. Max Johnson completed 17 of his 28 passes for 210 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. The Aggies are averaging 38.6 points while their defense is giving up 18.6 points per game. The offense is raked 15th in the league while the defense is ranked 33rd in the league.
Texas A&M Betting Trends
- Texas A&M has won each of its last five games at Kyle Field.
- Texas A&M has covered the spread in each of its last four home games.
- Texas A&M has won the first quarter in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Texas A&M has won the first half in each of its last four games against conference opponents at Kyle Field.
- Each of Texas A&M's last eight October games at Kyle Field have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Texas A&M is going to find success in this game. I still don’t Milroe and I especially don’t trust him going on the road. Texas A&M’s offense has been strong this season averaging 38.6 points per game. Johnson is going to have another big game here, and that is going to be the difference here as the Aggies are going to find success. This will be a high scoring game and Texas A&M will cover the spread.