Kansas State vs Oklahoma State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/6/23
Oklahoma State Cowboys (2-2) vs Kansas State Wildcats (3-1)
Game Info: Friday, October 6, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Boone Pickens Stadium)
Betting Odds: Oklahoma State Cowboys +11.5 -- Over/Under: 53.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Kansas State Wildcats will play the Oklahoma State Cowboys in a Big 12 game on Friday night at Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Kansas State is coming off of a nice win against UCF, while Oklahoma State has lost two games in a row.
Kansas State Preview
The Kansas State Wildcats are 3-1 (1-0) this season after they defeated UCF by a score of 44-31 in their last game. Kansas State led 21-17 at the half, but give up the lead early in the second half, before scoring the next 23 points to pull away. The Wildcats out gained UCF by a total of 536-407 and forced two turnovers in the win. Kansas State lost their previous game to Missouri by a score of 30-27, but they did win their first two games against Southeast Missouri and Troy. The Kansas State offense is scoring 44 points per game with 283.8 passing yards per game and 198.5 rushing yards per game, while going 54.4% on third downs. Will Howard has thrown for 1,072 yards, eight touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Wildcats this season. DJ Giddens has rushed for 423 yards and four scores, while Ben Sinnott has caught 16 passes for 247 yards and two touchdowns. The Kansas State defense is allowing 18.5 points against per game this year, but has allowed 61 points in their last two games.
Oklahoma State Preview
The Oklahoma State Cowboys are 2-2 (0-1) this season after they lost to Iowa State by a score of 34-27 in their last game. Oklahoma State trailed 20-17 at the half, but couldn’t tie the game in the second half. The Cowboys were out gained by a total of 422-409 and turned the ball over twice in the loss. Oklahoma State lost their previous game to South Alabama, but did win their first two games against Arizona State and Central Arkansas. The Oklahoma State offense is averaging 22 points per game with 221.8 passing yards per game and 121.8 rushing yards per game, while going 36.5% on third downs. Alan Bowman has thrown for 513 yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Cowboys this season. Ollie Gordon II has rushed for 230 yards and two scores, while Jaden Bray has caught 18 passes for 215 yards. The Oklahoma State defense is giving up 23.8 points against per game and has allowed 67 points in their last two games.
Oklahoma State Cowboys Team Facts
- Oklahoma State has won each of its last three October games as a home underdog.
- The home team has covered the spread in each of the last five games between Kansas State and Oklahoma State.
- Nine of Oklahoma State's last 10 games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Kansas State Wildcats Team Facts
- The home team has won each of Kansas State's last four games.
- Kansas State has failed to cover the spread in each of its last five October games as a road favorite.
- Kansas State has won the first half in each of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Five of Kansas State's last six games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
- Oklahoma State ranked T21st among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.615).
- Oklahoma State was one of only 26 FBS teams to win 2+ games when trailing after Q3 last season.
- Kansas State ranked 9th among FBS teams for H1 points per game last season (20.4).
- Kansas State ranked T12th among FBS teams for Q1 win percentage last season (.643).
Kansas State comes into this game looking to stay undefeated in Big 12 play and will play an Oklahoma State team that is really struggling right now. Oklahoma State got pushed around by Iowa State last week and was blown out by South Alabama at home the week before. Kansas State had a great offensive showing against UCF and their only loss came on a long field goal by Missouri. Kansas State is the much better team in this matchup and I like them to win this game rather easily.