WKU vs LA Tech Prediction - College Football Picks 10/5/23
LA Tech Bulldogs (3-3) vs WKU Hilltoppers (3-2)
Game Info: Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Joe Aillet Stadium)
Betting Odds: LA Tech Bulldogs +8 -- Over/Under: 60.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Western Kentucky and Louisiana Tech Bulldogs face off on Thursday in a college football showdown at Joe Aillet Stadium.
Western Kentucky Looks for 4th Win
Western Kentucky comes into this game with a 3-2 record and last Thursday they had an impressive victory. Western Kentucky scored 31 points and that led to the 21 point victory. Austin Reed had a strong game completing 30 of his 52 passes for 297 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. LT Sanders finished with seven carries for 83 yards. Western Kentucky is averaging 31.6 points while their defense is giving up 29.2 points per game. The defense is ranked 98th.
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Team Facts
- The home team has won each of Western Kentucky's last five games.
- Western Kentucky has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six matches as a favorite when playing with a rest advantage.
- Western Kentucky has won the first half in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Western Kentucky has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents.
- Seven of Western Kentucky's last eight October games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Louisiana Tech Looks to Move Over .500
Louisiana Tech comes into this game with 3-3 record and they are coming off another victory in the last game. The defense gave up only ten points and that led to the 14 point victory. Jack Turner completed 9 of his 20 passes for 152 yards and a touchdown. Tyre Shelton finished with 16 carries for 104 yards and a touchdown. Louisiana Tech is averaging 27 points while their defense is giving up 25.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 81st while the pitching is ranked 76th.
Louisiana Tech Betting Trends
- Louisiana Tech has won each of its last six home matches when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Louisiana Tech has covered the spread in five of its last six games as a home underdog.
- Louisiana Tech has won the first quarter in eight of its last 10 games against conference opponents at Joe Aillet Stadium.
- Each of Louisiana Tech's last seven October games as a home underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
I trust the offense for Western Kentucky and they are going to have no issue running up the score again in this game. Look for Western Kentucky to score at least 35 points here and that is going to be the difference. Louisiana Tech won’t be keeping up and Western Kentucky is going to get the job done. Back Western Kentucky against the spread.