FIU vs New Mexico State Prediction - College Football Picks 10/4/23
New Mexico State Aggies (2-3) vs FIU Panthers (3-2)
Game Info: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 9:00 pm (Aggie Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: New Mexico State Aggies -5.5 -- Over/Under: 51.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The FIU Panthers and New Mexico State Aggies face off on Wednesday in a Week 6 college football showdown at Aggie Memorial Stadium.
FIU Coming off a Disapointing Game
FIU comes into this game with a 3-2 record overall, but they looked awful in the last game. FIU only scored six points against Liberty and that was the difference as they were defeated by 32 points. Keyone Jenkins had an awful game completing 9 of his 21 passes for 133 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. FIU is averaging 21.4 points while their defense is giving up 25.6 points perr game. The offense is ranked 107th while the pitching is ranked 74th. Jenkins on the season has thrown for 1,000 yards, five touchdowns, and four interceptions.
FIU Betting Trends
- Florida International has lost each of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Florida International has failed to cover the spread in eight of its last 10 road games against conference opponents.
- Florida International has lost the first half in seven of its last nine road games against conference opponents.
- Five of Florida International's last six games as a road underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
New Mexico State Looks to Move to .500
New Mexico State comes into this game with a 2-3 record and they are coming off a loss in their last game. Against Hawaii, New Mexico State gave up only 20 points but the offense managed only 17 points. Diego Pavia completed 9 of his 15 passes for 155 yards and two touchdowns, He also rushed 12 times for 97 yards. New Mexico State is averaging 29.8 points while their defense is giving up 26.4 points per game. The offense is ranked 65th in the league while the defense is ranked 80th.
New Mexico State Betting Trends
- New Mexico State has lost 10 of its last 12 October games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- New Mexico State has covered the spread in five of its last six games in October.
- New Mexico State has won the first half in five of its last six games against conference opponents at Aggie Memorial Stadium.
- Each of New Mexico State's last four games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
FIU is going to keep this game close. New Mexico State’s offense really struggled in the first game adn they are going to really struggle again in this game. FIU still has a 3-2 record and they are going to get better play from Jenkins here. It wouldn’t be shocking if FIU were able to win this game outright but we are going to take the points with them here. Back FIU against the spread.