UAB vs Tulane Prediction - College Football Picks 9/30/23
Tulane Green Wave (3-1) vs UAB Blazers (1-3)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 12:00 pm (Benson Field at Yulman Stadium)
Betting Odds: Tulane Green Wave -21.5 -- Over/Under: 58.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN2 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The UAB Blazers will play the Tulane Green Wave in an AAC game on Saturday afternoon at Yulman Stadium in New Orleans, Louisiana. UAB has lost three games in a row, while Tulane has won two games in a row.
The UAB Blazers are 1-3 this season after they lost to Georgia by a score of 49-21 last week. UAB did a good job of hanging around in this game, as they were only down 28-14 at the half. The Blazers didn’t do much offensively in the second half, scoring only seven points. UAB was out gained by a total of 582-336 and forced three turnovers in the loss. The Blazers won their first game of the season by a score of 35-6 against NC A&T, but have lost three straight games to Georgia Southern, Louisiana, and Georgia. The UAB offense is scoring 28 points per game with 301.5 passing yards per game and 115.3 rushing yards per game, while going 45.1% on third down conversions this year. Jacob Zeno has thrown for 1,206 yards, eight touchdowns, and four interceptions, while also rushing for 116 yards and three touchdowns for UAB this year. Isaiah Jacobs has rushed for 154 yards and one touchdown, while Tejhaun Palmer has caught 16 passes for 185 yards and one score. The UAB defense is allowing 36.3 points against per game and has allowed 49, 41, and 49 points in their last three contests.
The Tulane Green Wave are 3-1 this season after they defeated Nicholls State by a score of 36-7 in their last game. Tulane jumped in front early and led 24-0 early in the second quarter and was able to coast to an easy win. The Green Wave out gained their opponent by a total of 408-335 and forced four turnovers in the win. Tulane has defeated Nicholls State, Southern Miss, and South Alabama this season, but did lose to Ole Miss by a score of 37-20 at home. The Tulane offense is averaging 28.5 points per game with 242.3 passing yards per game and 132.8 rushing yards per game, while going 42.3% on third down attempts this year. Michael Pratt has thrown for 484 yards, six touchdowns, and one interception for the Green Wave. Makhi Hughes has rushed for 245 yards and one touchdown, while Lawrence Keys III has caught 17 passes for 345 yards and three scores. The Tulane defense is giving up 16 points against per game, but has played very well in every game except the one against Ole Miss.
Tulane Green Wave Team Facts
- Tulane has won each of its last nine games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Tulane has covered the spread in nine of its last 10 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Tulane has won the first half in five of its last six home games against conference opponents.
- Tulane has won the first quarter in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Each of Tulane's last four home games against conference opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
UAB Blazers Team Facts
- UAB has lost five of its last six road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- UAB has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight road games.
- UAB has won the first half in 10 of its last 13 road games against conference opponents.
- Each of UAB's last four road games have gone OVER the total points line.
- Tulane ranked T10th among FBS teams for Q3 win percentage last season (.643).
- Tulane ranked T10th among FBS teams for H2 win percentage last season (.714).
- UAB ranked 16th among FBS teams for Q1 points per game last season (8.8).
- UAB ranked T21st among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.615).
Tulane comes into this game with the home field advantage and they are one of the better group of five teams, while UAB is trying to snap their three game losing streak. UAB did play decently against Georgia last week, but allowing 41 points to Louisiana and 49 points to Georgia Southern is not ideal. The Tulane defense is going to be the difference in this game and I like the Green Wave to pull away at home.