Troy vs Georgia State Prediction - College Football Picks 9/30/23
Georgia State Panthers (4-0) vs Troy Trojans (1-2)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Center Parc Stadium)
Betting Odds: Georgia State Panthers -1 -- Over/Under: 51 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Troy Trojans and Georgia State Panthers face off on Saturday in a Week 5 college football showdown at Turner Field.
What a Start for Georgia State
It’s been quite the start for Georgia State this season and they currently sit with a 4-0 record. Earlier this season against UConn they were able to secure the 35-14 victory. In the last game against Coastal Carolina, Georgia State was able to secure the 30-17 victory. Running back Marcus Carroll had a strong game finishing 29 carries for 150 yards and a touchdown. Georgia State is averaging 37 points while their defense is giving up 22.8 points per game. Carroll on the season has rushed for 508 yards and eight touchdowns.
Georgia State Betting Trends
- Georgia State has won each of its last four games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia State has covered the spread in five of its last six games.
- Georgia State has won the first quarter in each of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Three of Georgia State's last four home games against Troy have gone UNDER the total points line.
Troy Coming Off Huge Victory
Troy currently sits with a 2-2 record overall and their last victory was a good one. Troy scored 27 points against Western Kenntucky and that was enough for the three point victory. Gunnar Watson had a strong game for the Trojans completing 22 of his 35 passes for 349 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. Troy is averaging 25.5 points while their defense is giving up 28 points per game. Gunnar Watson on the season has thrown for 1,047 yards, eight touchdowns, and three interceptions.
Troy Betting Trends
- Troy has won four of its last five games as an underdog.
- Troy has covered the spread in each of its last four games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Four of Troy's last five September games as an underdog against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Georgia State has a perfect record and they are going to pick up another victory in this game. Georgia State is averaging 37 points per game and they are going to have no issue running up the score again in this game. Troy is averaging only 25.5 points and their lack of scoring is going to be the difference here as Georgia State is going to be the team to secure the win. Back Georgia State against the spread.