Oregon vs Stanford Prediction - College Football Picks 9/30/23
Stanford Cardinal (1-3) vs Oregon Ducks (4-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 6:30 pm (Stanford Stadium)
Betting Odds: Stanford Cardinal +27 -- Over/Under: 61 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: PAC-12 Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oregon Ducks will play the Stanford Cardinal in a PAC-12 game on Saturday night at Stanford Stadium in Stanford, California. Oregon is coming off of that blowout win against Colorado, while Stanford has lost three games in a row.
The Oregon Ducks are 4-0 (1-0) this season after they defeated Colorado by a score of 42-6 in their last game. Oregon led 35-0 at the half and held Colorado off of the scoreboard until the final minutes of the game. The Ducks out gained Colorado by a total of 522-199, but only went 3-10 on third down attempts. Oregon defeated Portland State, Texas Tech, and Hawaii in their first three games of the year. The Oregon offense is averaging 54 points per game with 338.8 passing yards per game and 232 rushing yards per game, while going 47.8% on third down conversions this season. Bo Nix has thrown for 1,169 yards, 11 touchdowns, and one interception for the Ducks this year. Bucky Irving has rushed for 305 yards and three touchdowns, while Troy Franklin has caught 25 passes for 418 yards and five scores. The Oregon defense is giving up 13.3 points against per game and has allowed 10 points or fewer in three of their four games.
The Stanford Cardinal are 1-3 (0-2) this season after they lost to Arizona by a score of 21-20 in their last game. The Cardinal led three separate times in this game, but settling for two field goals during the game cost them. Stanford out gained Arizona by a total of 358-349 and went 7-16 on third down attempts in the loss. Stanford defeated Hawaii by a score of 37-24 in their first game, but they have lost three games to USC, Sacramento State, and Arizona. The Stanford offense is scoring 22.5 points per game with 210.3 passing yards per game and 164.8 rushing yards per game, while going 44.6% on third downs this year. Ashton Daniels has thrown for 534 yards, three touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Cardinal this season. Casey Filkins has rushed for 184 yards and one touchdown, while Benjamin Yurosek has caught 15 passes for 227 yards and one score. The Stanford defense is allowing 32.8 points against per game, but did allow 56 points to USC and 30 points to Sacramento State.
Stanford Cardinal Team Facts
- Stanford has lost 16 of its last 17 games against conference opponents.
- Stanford has failed to cover the spread in each of its last eight games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- Stanford has lost the first half in six of its last eight home games against conference opponents.
- Eight of Stanford's last nine September games at Stanford Stadium have gone UNDER the total points line.
Oregon Ducks Team Facts
- Oregon has won each of its last 15 September games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Oregon has covered the spread in seven of its last eight games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Oregon has won the first half in each of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Four of Oregon's last five games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Oregon ranked T5th among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.769).
- Oregon ranked 6th among FBS teams for H1 points per game last season (20.9).
Oregon should be full of confidence after blowing out Colorado last week, but I think this might be a tough spot for them to stay focused. The Ducks are coming off of a big, emotional blowout win and they go on the road to play Washington in their next game, so this could be a look ahead spot. Stanford has not had much success this season, but they did stay in the game with Arizona. If Oregon is 100% focused, they win this game easily, but I am taking Stanford here. I just think this is a tough spot for the Ducks on the road and I wouldn’t be surprised to see this be a close game.