Nevada vs Fresno State Prediction - College Football Picks 9/30/23
Fresno State Bulldogs (4-0) vs Nevada Wolf Pack (0-4)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 10:30 pm (Valley Children's Stadium)
Betting Odds: Fresno State Bulldogs -24.5 -- Over/Under: 53.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Nevada Wolf Pack and Fresno State Bulldogs face off on Saturday in a Week 5 college football showdown at Bulldog Stadium.
Nevada Still Looks for First Win
Nevada has been competitive in the last two games, but they have still lost both games. Two games ago against Kansas they lost 31-24 and in the last game against Texas State they were defeated 34-24. Nevada on the season is averaging 17 points while their defense is giving up 41.3 points per game. The offense is ranked 124th in football and they are going to need the defense to be better here. Under center for Nevada is Brendon Lewis and he has thrown for 550 yards, zero touchdowns, and two interceptions.
Nevada Betting Trends
- Nevada has lost each of its last eight games against conference opponents.
- Nevada has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four September road games against AP-ranked teams.
- Nevada has lost the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Each of Nevada's last three games as an underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Fresno State Looks to Avoid Slip Up
Fresno State comes into this game with a 4-0 record overall and they are coming off another victory in the last game. Fresno State scored 53 points against Kent State and that was enough for the 43 point victory. Under center for Fresno State is Mikey Keene and he had another big game completing 24 of his 31 passes for 325 yards and four touchdowns. The offense is ranked 21st in the league while the defense is ranked 40th.
Fresno State Betting Trends
- Fresno State has won each of its last 13 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Fresno State has covered the spread in seven of its last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Fresno State has won the first half in each of its last three games against conference opponents.
- Eleven of Fresno State's last 13 September home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Nevada vs Fresno State Facts
- Fresno State ranked 14th among FBS teams for Q1 points allowed per game last season (3.6).
- Fresno State ranked 16th among FBS teams for H1 points allowed per game last season (9.1).
Shane’s Free Pick
Fresno State is going to have little issues here, and I don’t think they are going to slip up. This Fresno State offense is elite and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. Fresno State is going to get close to 50 points here, and that will be the difference as the Bulldogs are going to win this game in blowout fashion. Back Fresno State against the spread here.