Michigan vs Nebraska Prediction - College Football Picks 9/30/23
Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-2) vs Michigan Wolverines (4-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Tom Osborne Field at Memorial Stadium)
Betting Odds: Nebraska Cornhuskers +18 -- Over/Under: 46.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: BTN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Michigan Wolverines and Nebraska Cornhuskers face off on Saturday in a Week 5 college football showdown at Memorial Stadium.
Can Nebraska Shock the World?
Nebraska still looks like they are a bit away from turning around the program, but a win here would speed up that process. After losing the first two games of the season, Nebraska has won two straight games. In the last game against Louisiana Tech, Nebraska gave up only 14 points and that led to the victory. The Cornhuskers are averaging 21.8 points while their defense is giving up 18.5 points per game. The defense is ranked 33rd in college football and the defense is going to need to step up here. Jeff Sims still isn’t healthy and it’s unclear who’s going to start at quaterback here.
Nebraska Betting Trends
- Nebraska has lost each of its last 10 games against AP-ranked teams at Memorial Stadium.
- Nebraska has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight games against top-15 AP-ranked teams at Memorial Stadium.
- Seven of Nebraska's last eight games against top-10 AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Michigan Can’t Overlook Nebraska
Michigan sits with a 4-0 record but they can’t overlook Nebraska here. The defense for Michigan this season has been elite and in the four games they have given up only 23 points total. In the last game against Rutgers they gave up a big scoring play early, but the rest of the game the Rutgers offense couldn’t get anything going. Michigan is averaging 31.8 points while their defense is giving up 5.8 points per game. J.J. McCarthy on the season has thrown for 915 yards, eight touchdowns, and three interceptions.
Michigan Betting Trends
- Michigan has won each of its last 24 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The team ranked 2nd in the AP Poll has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight games.
- Eight of Michigan's last nine September games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This Michigan defense is elite and they are going to really lockdown here. Michigan is giving up only 5.8 points per game and the Nebraska offense is going to really struggle to get going here. Nebraska won’t even score a touchdown here, and that is going to be the difference as Michigan is going to have no issue getting the job done. Back Michigan to win this game and cover the spread.