Indiana vs Maryland Prediction - College Football Picks 9/30/23
Maryland Terrapins (4-0) vs Indiana Hoosiers (2-2)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 3:30 pm (SECU Stadium)
Betting Odds: Maryland Terrapins -14 -- Over/Under: 50 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Indiana Hoosiers and Maryland Terrapins face off on Saturday in a Week 5 college football showdown at Byrd Stadium.
Maryland Looks for Fifth Win
Maryland comes into this game with a 4-0 record and if they were to lose this game that would be very disappointing. In the last game against Michigan State, Maryland gave up only nine points and that led to the defeat. Maryland on the season is averaging 37.33 points while their defense is giving up 12.3 points per game. The offense is ranked 28th while the defense is ranked 12th. Under center for Maryland is Taulia Tagovailoa and he has thrown for 1,12 yards, eight touchdowns, and three interceptions.
Maryland Betting Trends
- Maryland has won each of its last nine September home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of the last three games between Indiana and Maryland at SECU Stadium.
- Four of Maryland's last five games against conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
When Will Tom Allen Be Fired?
Tom Allen continues to coach Indiana and they continue to be a big disappointment. In the last game against Akron it took overtime before they were able to win 29-27. The only win for Indiana came against a terrible Indiana State team. The Hoosiers are averaging 21.8 points while their defense is giving up 19.5 points per game. The defense is ranked 43rd, but the offense hasn’t been good enough.
Indiana Betting Trends
- Indiana has lost 19 of its last 20 games as an underdog.
- Indiana has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven road games.
- Indiana has lost the first half in seven of its last nine road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Indiana's last three games as an underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This is going to be a blowout victory for Maryland. The Hoosiers offense isn’t good enough and they are going to really struggle again in this game. Maryland is going to score at least 40 points again here, and that is going to be the difference again here. Indiana isn’t going to keep up and this is going to be a blowout victory. Back Maryland against the spread here