Hawaii vs UNLV Prediction - College Football Picks 9/30/23
UNLV Rebels (3-1) vs Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (2-3)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 4:00 pm (Allegiant Stadium)
Betting Odds: UNLV Rebels -11 -- Over/Under: 59.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Hawaii Rainbow Warriors and UNLV Rebels face off on Saturday in a Week 5 college football showdown at Allegiant Stadium.
UNLV’s Offense has Impressed
UNLV’s offense has been impressive so far this season and the only game they struggled was the game they lost against Michigan. In the last game against UTEP, UNlv scored 45 points and that was enough for the easy victory. Jai’den Thomas had a strong game on the ground rushing 13 times for 100 yards and four touchdowns. UNLV on the season is averaging 34 points while their defense is giving up 28.5 points per game. In this game the offense is going to need to have a big game.
UNLV Betting Preview
- UNLV has won each of its last seven September games as a favorite.
- UNLV has covered the spread in eight of its last nine games in September.
- Four of UNLV's last five September home games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Can Hawaii Start a Winning Streak?
Hawaii is coming off a win and they will look to make that two straight wins in this game. Against New Mexico State the defense was good giving up only 17 points and that was enough for the three point victory. Hawaii on the season is averaging 22.6 points while their defense is giving up 32.8 points per game. The defense at times has been inconsistent and they ae going to need the defense to step up here. Under center for Hawaii is Brayden Schager and he has thrown for 1,348 yards, 12 touchdowns, and six interceptions.
Hawaii Betting Preview
- Hawaii has lost each of its last six road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Hawaii has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six September games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Hawaii has lost the first half in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Each of Hawaii's last three games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Schager has thrown for 12 touchdowns this season and he’s going to have a big game here. UNLV’s offense is going to have no issue running up the score against Hawaii and that is going to be the difference here. This is going to be a high scoring game where both teams really struggle to play any sort of defense.