Georgia vs Auburn Prediction - College Football Picks 9/30/23
Auburn Tigers (3-1) vs Georgia Bulldogs (4-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Jordan-Hare Stadium)
Betting Odds: Auburn Tigers +14 -- Over/Under: 45.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Georgia Bulldogs will play the Auburn Tigers in a SEC game on Saturday afternoon at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama. Georgia has started the season with four double-digit wins, while Auburn is trying to bounce back from a 17-point loss to Texas A&M last week.
The Georgia Bulldogs are 4-0 (1-0) this season after they defeated UAB by a score of 49-21 in their last game. Georgia struggled a little bit in the first half, but still led 28-14 at the half, before pulling away in the second half. The Bulldogs out gained UAB by a total of 582-336, but did turn the ball over three times in the loss. Georgia started the year with three wins over UT-Martin, Ball State, and South Carolina, but the Gamecocks did give them a very good test. The Georgia offense is scoring 43 points per game with 337.5 passing yards per game and 159 rushing yards per game, while going 52.9% on third downs this year. Carson Beck has thrown for 1,184 yards, six touchdowns, and one interception for the Bulldogs. Daijun Edwards has rushed for 184 yards and three scores, while Brock Bowers has caught 22 passes for 256 yards and two touchdowns. The Georgia defense is allowing 11.3 points against per game, but has allowed 35 points in their last two contests.
The Auburn Tigers are 3-1 (0-1) this season after they lost to Texas A&M by a score of 27-10 last week. Auburn trailed 6-3 at halftime, but allowed Texas A&M to pull away with two touchdowns in the third quarter for the win. The Tigers were out gained by a total of 402-200 and went 3-15 on third down attempts in the loss. Auburn defeated UMass, Cal, and Samford in the first three games of the season. The Auburn offense is averaging 32 points per game with 173.3 passing yards per game and 197.8 rushing yards per game, while going 39.2% on third downs this year. Payton Thorne has thrown for 561 yards, four touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Tigers. Jarquez Hunter has rushed for 143 yards and one touchdown, while Jay Fair has caught 15 passes for 184 yards and two scores. The Auburn defense is giving up 16 points against per game and has been very solid to open the season.
Auburn Tigers Team Facts
- Auburn has lost each of its last 11 games as an underdog.
- Auburn has failed to cover the spread in nine of its last 10 games in September.
- Auburn has won the first quarter in three of its last four games against conference opponents at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- Each of Auburn's last four games against AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Georgia Bulldogs Team Facts
- Georgia has won each of its last 26 games in September.
- Georgia has covered the spread in each of its last six games as a favorite against Auburn.
- Georgia has won the first quarter in three of its last four road games against conference opponents.
- Four of Georgia's last five road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Georgia ranked 2nd among FBS teams for Q4 win percentage last season (.800).
- Georgia ranked 3rd among FBS teams for Q4 points allowed per game last season (3.5).
Georgia hasn’t looked the best over the last two weeks, as they were trailing at the half to South Carolina and allowed UAB to hang around, but they are still the #1 ranked team in the country. Auburn has struggled offensively, only scoring 14 and 10 points against the two Power Five teams they have played, but their defense has been very solid. Auburn needs to figure out how to convert more third downs, so they can keep the Georgia offense on the sidelines. I haven’t been impressed with Georgia this season and I think we are going to see a close game in this one. I like Auburn with the points here.