Eastern Michigan vs Central Michigan Prediction - College Football Picks 9/30/23
Central Michigan Chippewas (2-2) vs Eastern Michigan Eagles (2-2)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 1:30 pm (Kelly/Shorts Stadium)
Betting Odds: Central Michigan Chippewas -7.5 -- Over/Under: 47 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Eastern Michigan Eagles and Central Michigan Chippewas face off on Saturday in a Week 5 college football showdown at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.
Eastern Michigan Looks for Some Offense
The Eastern Michigan offense hasn’t been good enough this season and when they have struggled it’s been the lack of scoring. In the last game against Jacksonville State the defense gave up only 21 points, but the offense failed to get on the board. Quarterback Austin Smith wasn’t good enough completing 6 of his 11 passes for 53 yards and a touchdown. Overall this season Eastern Michigan is averaging 14.5 points while their defense is giving up 21.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 131st while the defense is ranked 54th.
Eastern Michigan Betting Preview
- Eastern Michigan has lost each of its last five games against non-AP-ranked teams at Kramer/Deromedi Field at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.
- Eastern Michigan has covered the spread in eight of its last nine games as an underdog.
- Eastern Michigan has lost the first half in four of its last five games against conference opponents at Kramer/Deromedi Field at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.
- Four of Eastern Michigan's last five September games as a road underdog have gone UNDER the total points line.
Central Michigan Looks for Third Win
Central Michigan has played a tough schedule to start the season and their two losses came against power five teams. In the last game against South Alabama, Central Michigan scored 34 points and that was enough to secure the four-point victory. Central Michigan actually fell behind 14-0 after the 1st quarter, but they fought back and were able to secure the win. Jase Bauer completed 19 of his 30 passes for 224 yards and a touchdown.
Central Michigan Betting Preview
- Central Michigan has won each of its last five home games against Eastern Michigan.
- Central Michigan has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven games as a favorite.
- Four of Central Michigan's last five games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
Eastern Michigan’s offense is a major problem and it’s something that gives me great concern heading into this game. In the last game Eastern Michigan scored zero points in the last game and they are going to really struggle to get the offense going again here. Jase Bauer threw for a touchdown in the last game and he’s going to have another strong game again here. Back Central Michigan against the spread.