Clemson vs Syracuse Prediction - College Football Picks 9/30/23
Syracuse Orange (4-0) vs Clemson Tigers (2-1)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 12:00 pm (JMA Wireless Dome)
Betting Odds: Syracuse Orange +6.5 -- Over/Under: 53 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ABC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Clemson Tigers and Syracuse Orange face off on Saturday in an ACC college football showdown at JMA Wireless Dome.
How Good is Clemson?
The big question right now surrounding Clemson is how good are they? Coming into this game Clesmon sits with a 2-2 record and against the two teams that were good, they lost. In the last game against Florida State they were able to force overtime, but it wasn’t enough as they were defeated 31-24. Clemson is averaging 36.3 points while their defense is giving up 22.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 33rd while the pitching is ranked 58th. Under center for Clemson is Cade Klubnik and he has been inconsistent. He has thrown for 976 yards, nine touchdowns, and two interceptions.
Clemson Betting Preview
- Clemson has won 46 of its last 51 games against conference opponents.
- Clemson has failed to cover the spread in 10 of its last 12 September games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Clemson has won the first half in each of its last five games against conference opponents.
- Five of Clemson's last six September road games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Syracuse Looks to Make a Statement
Syracuse sits with a 4-0 record but a win here would really make a statement. The only win against a power five team was against Purdue and that was a 35-20 victory. In the last game against Army, Syracuse was able to secure the 29-16 victory. Syracuse is averaging 44.3 points while their defense is giving up 10.8 points per game. The offense is ranked 6th best in the league while the pitching is ranked 7th. Under center for Syracuse is Garrett Shrader and he thrown for 972 yards, six touchdowns, and three interceptions.
Syracuse Betting Preview
- Syracuse has won each of its last 10 September games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- The favorite has covered the spread in six of Syracuse's last seven games at JMA Wireless Dome.
- Syracuse has won the first half in three of its last four home games against conference opponents.
- Syracuse has won the first quarter in four of its last five games against conference opponents at JMA Wireless Dome.
- Each of Syracuse's last seven games against conference opponents at JMA Wireless Dome have gone UNDER the total points line.
Clemson vs Syracuse Trends
- Syracuse ranked T30th among FBS teams for H1 points allowed per game last season (10.7).
- Syracuse ranked T30th among FBS teams for Q1 win percentage last season (.538).
- Clemson ranked T22nd among FBS teams for H1 points allowed per game last season (9.9).
- Clemson ranked T23rd among FBS teams for H2 win percentage last season (.643).
Shane’s Free Pick
Syracuse is going to make a statement in this game. I am still not sold on Klubnik being the right guy to lead Syracuse. Shrader is having a big season for Syracuse and he’s going to have a huge game here. With the home crowd behind them, the Syracuse offense is going to have a big game and that will be enough for the Orange to get the job done. You arne’t going to need the points here. Back Syracuse on the money line.