Bowling Green vs Georgia Tech Prediction - College Football Picks 9/30/23
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-2) vs Bowling Green Falcons (1-3)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field)
Betting Odds: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets -22 -- Over/Under: 51.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ACC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Bowling Green Falcons and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets face off on Saturday in a Week 5 college football showdown at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
Bowling Green Searches for Second Win
Bowling Green has struggled to start the season and they really struggled in the last game. Against Ohio, Bowling Green scored only seven points while the defense gave up 38 points and that led to the defeat. Bowing Green averaging 18.8 points while their defense is giving up 29.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 121st while the defense is ranked 104th. Quarterback Cameron Orth missed the last game with an injury but it looks like he’s going to be able to go in this game.
Bowling Green Betting Preview
- Bowling Green has lost 14 of its last 15 road games in September.
- Bowling Green has failed to cover the spread in 10 of its last 12 September games as a road underdog against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Bowling Green has lost the first half in each of its last four road games against non-conference opponents.
- Six of Bowling Green's last seven September games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Georgia Tech Tries to Move Above .500.
Georgia Tech sits with a 2-2 record but they are coming off a big win in the last game. Georgia Tech’s defense gave up only 16 points to the Wake Forest defense and that was the difference as Georiga Tech was able to secure the victory. Georgia Tech is averaging 33.8 points while their defense is giving up 29 points per game. Georgia Tech’s offense is averaging 470 yards per game and they are going to need the offense to be good here. Under center for Georgia Tech is Haynes King and he has thrown for 1,132 yards, 11 touchdowns, and two interceptions.
Georgia Tech Betting Preview
- Georgia Tech has won 14 of its last 17 September home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia Tech has failed to cover the spread in 12 of its last 13 games as a favorite.
- Four of Georgia Tech's last five games have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This Bowling Green team isn’t good and this game is going to be a long game for them. Bowling Green is averaging only 18.8 points per game and they are going to finish under that number here. Haynes King is having a solid season so far this season and he’s going to continue the success here. Bowling Green doesn’t have the offensive firepower to keep up with his scoring and that is going to be the difference here. Back Georgia Tech against the spread.