Appalachian State vs Louisiana-Monroe Prediction - College Football Picks 9/30/23
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (2-1) vs Appalachian State Mountaineers (2-2)
Game Info: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 8:00 pm (JPS Field at James L. Malone Stadium)
Betting Odds: Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks +13.5 -- Over/Under: 51 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Appalachian State Mountaineers and Louisiana Monroe Warhawks face off on Saturday in a Week 5 college football showdown at Malone Stadium.
Mountaineers have been Disapointing
Appalachian State comes into this game with a 2-2 record overall but thye can’t be happy with how they played in the last game. Against Wyoming, Appalachian State scored only 19 points total and that led to the three point defeat. Under center for Appalachian State is Joey Aguilar and he completed 22 of his 40 passes for 200 yards and an interception. The Mountaineers are averaging 35.3 points while their pitching is giving up 28.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 35th while the defense is ranked 99th. Running back Nate Noel is having a big season rushing for 542 yards and four touchdowns.
Appalachian State Betting Preview
- Appalachian State has lost each of its last five games as a road favorite.
- Appalachian State has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight September games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Each of Appalachian State's last seven September games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Louisiana-Monroe Looks to Bounce Back
Louisiana-Monroe is going to look bounce back after their first loss of the season. After beating Army and Lamar, Louisiana-Monroe really struggled in their last game. The defense gave up 47 points against Texas A&M while the Warhawks could only manage a field goal. Louisiana Monroe is averaging only 14.67 points while their defense is giving up 24.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 130th while the defense is ranked 72nd. The top player for the Warhawks has been running back Hunter Smith who has rushed for 220 yards and two touchdowns.
Louisiana-Monroe Betting Preview
- Louisiana-Monroe has won each of its last six September games at Malone Stadium.
- Louisiana-Monroe has failed to cover the spread in six of its last seven matches when playing with a rest advantage.
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost the first half in each of its last five home games against conference opponents.
- Each of Louisiana-Monroe's last nine home games in September have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too high. I am not sold on the Louisiana-Monroe offense and they are going to struggle to score in this game. I do expect the Warhawks defense is going to step up in a big way and they are also going to lockdown here. Appalachian State is going to struggle to get to 25 points, and that is going to be enough ot keep this game under the total. It’s also a lean with Louisiana-Monroe to cover the spread.