Louisville vs NC State Prediction - College Football Picks 9/29/23
NC State Wolfpack (3-1) vs Louisville Cardinals (4-0)
Game Info: Friday, September 29, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Carter-Finley Stadium)
Betting Odds: NC State Wolfpack +3.5 -- Over/Under: 55.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Louisville Cardinals and NC State Wolfpack face off on Friday in a Week 5 college football showdown at Carter-Finley.
How Good Is NC State?
NC State comes into this game with a 3-1 record overall and the only loss came against Notre Dame. In the last game against Virginia, NC State was able to win, but it was by only three points and the game should have never been that close if this team is actually really good. Under center for NC State is Brennan Armstrong and in the last game he completed 15 of his 30 passes for 180 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. NC State is averaging 29.3 points while their defense is giving up 21.8 points per game. On the season Armstrong has thrown for 859 yards, five touchdowns, and four interceptions.
NC State Betting Trends
- NC State has won 20 of its last 21 September games at Carter-Finley Stadium.
- NC State has failed to cover the spread in seven of its last eight games.
- NC State has won the first quarter in four of its last five games against conference opponents at Carter-Finley Stadium.
- NC State has won the first half in five of its last six home games against conference opponents.
- Each of NC State's last four September games as an underdog have gone OVER the total points line.
Louisville Looks for Fifth Win
Louisville comes into this game with a 4-0 record and it appears that Jeff Brohm is really turning around this program. In the last game against Boston College, Louisville scored 56 points and that was enough for the blowout victory. Jack Plummer had a strong game completing 18 of his 21 passes for 388 yards, five touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Jawhar Jordan also finished with 18 carries for 134 yards and two touchdowns. Louisville is averaging 43 points while their defense is giving up 19 points per game. The offense is ranked 9th college football while the defense is ranked 40th.
Louisville Betting Trends
- Louisville has won 19 of its last 20 September games as a favorite.
- The favorite has covered the spread in seven of Louisville's last nine games.
- Seven of Louisville's last nine games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
I was not impressed with NC State in the last game and I am not sold they are a very good team. I am sold on this Louisville team, especially with quarterback Jack Plummer. Plummer isn’t getting enough attention for what he has done this season and he’s going to have no issue again here. This game is going to come down to the quarterback play, and Armstrong isn’t good enough to keep this close. Louisville is going to get to the 35 point mark and that will be the difference here. Back Louisville against the spread.