Cincinnati vs BYU Prediction - College Football Picks 9/29/23
BYU Cougars (3-1) vs Cincinnati Bearcats (2-2)
Game Info: Friday, September 29, 2023 at 10:15 pm (LaVell Edwards Stadium)
Betting Odds: BYU Cougars +2 -- Over/Under: 48 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Cincinnati Bearcats and BYU Cougars face off on Friday in a Week 5 college football showdown at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
BYU Looks to Bounce Back
BYU won their first three games of the season, but they are coming off a loss in the last game. BYU’s defense wasn’t good against Kansas giving up 38 points and that led to the 11 point defeat. Even though they lost, Kedon Slovis did complete 30 of his 51 passes for 357 yards and two touchdowns. He did also throw two interceptions though and that is something that needs to be cleaned on. BYU is averaging 30 points while their defense is giving up 21.3 points per game. Two games ago against Arkansas, the offense scored 38 points but the defense gave up 31 points. In this game, BYU is going to need to step up with the defense.
BYU Betting Preview
- BYU has won each of its last nine September games at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of BYU's last seven games at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
- Six of BYU's last seven games in September have gone OVER the total points line.
Down Year for Cincinnati?
It sure looks like it’s going to be a down season for Cincinnati, and coming into this game they sit with a 2-2 record. Two games ago against the Miami of Ohio Redhawks, they forced overtime but they lost 31-24. In the last game against Oklahoma, Cincinnati only scored six points and they lost by 14 points. Under center for the Bearcats is Emory Jones and in the last game he completed 22 of his 41 passes for 235 yards and two interceptions. In this game he’s going to need to figure out the interception issues. The Bearcats are averaging 30.8 points while their defense is giving up 21.3 points per game.
Cincinnati Betting Preview
- Cincinnati has won 43 of its last 46 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Cincinnati has covered the spread in six of its last seven September road games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Cincinnati has won the first half in 22 of its last 26 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Cincinnati's last six September games as a favorite against non-AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
BYU vs Cincinnati Trends
- BYU ranked T25th among FBS teams for Q3 points per game last season (8.2).
- Cincinnati ranked 21st among FBS teams for Q2 points per game last season (11.0).
- Cincinnati ranked T21st among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.615).
Shane’s Free Pick
Cincinnati’s offense really struggled in the last game but now they get to face off against BYU. They are still averaging 30.8 points per game and they are going to have issue again here scoring. BYU is going to have no issue running up the score also, and Slovis is going to have another big game. This is game where both teams are going to go over 30 points and the over is going to cash here.