UCF at Kansas State Prediction - College Football Picks 9/23/23
Kansas State Wildcats (2-1) vs UCF Knights (3-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Bill Snyder Family Stadium)
Betting Odds: Kansas State Wildcats -3.5 -- Over/Under: 57.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Central Florida Knights will travel to Manhattan to meet the Kansas State Wildcats in Big 12 play this Saturday from Bill Snyder Stadium on FS1. KState won the lone meeting back in 2010 at home, 17-13.
Central Florida Knights Preview
UCF comes in at 3-0 after defeating Villanova in Orlando, 48-14. The Knights shut the Wildcats out for three quarters, and they’ll look to carry this success into their first taste of Big 12 action. The Central Florida offense is scoring 40.7 ppg, while passing for 318.3 ypg, rushing for 299.3 ypg, and converting 52.4% of their third downs.
UCF Player Notes
• Timmy McClain stepped in for the talented John Rhys Plumlee at quarterback last week, and delivered with a 321-yard, two touchdown performance. McClain also added 44 yards on the ground, but he’ll face a much stiffer test here with KState.
• RJ Harvey and Johnny Richardson have formed a nice duo again early on. Harvey has scored in each of the first three games, and he leads UCF in rushing (239), while Richardson has surpassed the 50-yard mark each time out, and he’s totaled 213 yards rushing.
• Senior wideout Kobe Hudson has made his presence felt on the outside, reaching the 130-yard mark in back-to-back games, and he leads the Knights in receptions (15) and receiving yards (325).
• Fellow veteran Javon Baker has caught four passes or more in each of the first three games, and he’s posting splits of 13/209/1.
• The UCF defense is allowing 12.0 points per game.
Kansas State Wildcats Preview
Kansas State enters at 2-1 after losing to Missouri in Columbia, 30-27. The Wildcats were stunned by their former conference rivals by a last-second field goal, and they’ll look to turn things around here in Big 12 play. The KState offense is scoring 38.0 ppg, while passing for 293.3 ypg, rushing for 171.0 ypg, and converting 52.6% of their third downs.
KState Player Notes
• Will Howard quarterbacked a good game last week against Mizzou despite the result, passing for 270 yards, with three touchdowns to one pick. Howard has shown improvements after landing back in the QB1 spot this season, and he’ll look to get the Wildcats back into the win column this weekend. Howard has passed for 817 yards, with eight touchdowns to three interceptions, and scored three times out the ground thru three starts.
• Sophomore back DJ Giddens leads the team in rushing yards (216), while FSU transfer Treshaun Ward has reached the 50-yard mark in all three contests, and he’s up to 168 yards for the season.
• Senior wideout Phillip Brooks has scored in consecutive games, and he leads KState in receptions (18) and receiving yards (184).
• Junior tight end Ben Sinnott scored a pair of touchdowns against Missouri, and he’s posting splits of 11/183/2.
• The KSU defense has allowed 14.3 points per game.
Central Florida vs Kansas State Trends
• UCF is 2-1 against the spread, with a 2-1 O/U record.
• KSU is 1-2 ATS, with a 2-1 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
John Rhys Plumlee’s absence is going to alter how UCF’s start in the Big 12 conference, they could be in for a real test when they make the trip to Manhattan this weekend. Kansas State will be returning home on the heels of a last-second loss to Missouri, and after having their top-25 ranking snatched from them, there’s a good chance they come out looking to bounce back. The Wildcats were one of the best teams in the conference at home last season, and I like them standing their ground this weekend. Back Kansas State for this Big 12 battle.