UAB vs Georgia Prediction - College Football Picks 9/23/23
Georgia Bulldogs (3-0) vs UAB Blazers (1-2)
Game Info: Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Sanford Stadium)
Betting Odds: Georgia Bulldogs -42 -- Over/Under: 55 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN2 Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The UAB Blazers and Georgia Bulldogs face off on Saturday in a week 4 college football showdown at Sanford Stadium.
UAB Has Been Disapointing
UAB has been quite the disappointment this season and they only have one win this season. In the first game of the season, UAB was able to knock off NC A&T 35-6. Since that point though, UAB has lost to Georgia Southern and Louisiana. In the last game against Louisiana, the defense gave up 41 points and if they want any chance in this game, they are going to need the defense to step up in a big way. Under center for UAB is Jacob Zeno and he threw for 956 yards, six touchdowns, and three interceptions.
UAB Football Trends
- UAB has lost six of its last seven road games.
- UAB has failed to cover the spread in each of its last six games against opponents from the Southeastern Conference.
- Each of UAB's last four games against AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Georgia Coming Off A Test
Georgia has a pretty easy schedule this season, but they were tested in the last game. Against South Carolina, they were down 14-3 at half time and they looked to be in big trouble. In the second half though they scored 21 points, and that was enough to secure the victory. Under center for Georgia is Carson Beck and he completed 27 of his 35 passes for 269 yards. Daijun Edwards finished wih 20 carries for 118 yards and a touchdown. In this game, Georgia is going to need the defense to step up here.
Georgia Football Trends
- Georgia has won each of its last 29 games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia has failed to cover the spread in five of its last six September home games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Georgia has won the first half in each of its last seven games against non-conference opponents at Sanford Stadium.
- Each of Georgia's last six September games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Georgia vs UAB Facts
- Georgia ranked 2nd among FBS teams for Q4 win percentage last season (.800).
- Georgia ranked 3rd among FBS teams for Q4 points allowed per game last season (3.5).
- UAB ranked 16th among FBS teams for Q1 points per game last season (8.8).
- UAB ranked T21st among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.615).
Shane’s Free Pick
Georgia is going to win this game by plenty, but I think this is just a few too many points. Georgia’s offense showed they have some holes in it, and they aren’t going to go above 45 points here. Look for UAB is score at least a touchdown here, and that will be enough to keep them within 35 points. It’s going to be a long game here for UAB, but they are going to cover the spread here.