Oregon State vs Washington State Prediction - College Football Picks 9/23/23
Washington State Cougars (3-0) vs Oregon State Beavers (3-0)
Game Info: Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 7:00 pm (Clarence D. Martin Stadium)
Betting Odds: Oregon State -3 -- Over/Under: 59 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oregon State Beavers and Washington State Cougars face off on Saturday in a Week 4 college football showdown at Martin Stadium.
Can Oregon State Pass the Test?
Oregon State comes into this game with a 3-0 record overall but this is the biggest game for them so far this season. Oregon State’s defense has been elite and they have given up only 33 points so far this season. In the last game against San Diego State, Oregon State was able to secure a 26-9 victory. In the last game, DJ Uiagalelei completed 14 of his 30 passes for 284 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. Oregon State is averaging 41 points while their defense is giving up 11 points per game.
Oregon State Betting Trends
- The favorite has won each of Oregon State's last 14 games.
- Oregon State has covered the spread in each of its last six games against conference opponents.
- Oregon State has lost the first half in 30 of its last 38 road games against conference opponents.
- Four of Oregon State's last five games against AP-ranked teams have gone OVER the total points line.
Can Washington State Pass the Test?
The question is the same for Washington State, can they pass the test here. Washington State sits with a 3-0 record, but the most impressive win was by nine points over the Wisconsin Badgers. In the last game against Northern Colorado, Washington State scored 64 points and that was enough for the blowout victory. Washington State is averaging 48.3 points while their defense is giving up 22.3 points per game. The offense is ranked 6th while the pitching is ranked 68th. Under center for Washington State is Cameron Ward and he has thrown for 989 yards, nine touchdowns, and zero interceptions.
Washington State Betting Trends
- Washington State has won eight of its last nine games against Oregon State.
- Washington State has covered the spread in seven of its last eight games against conference opponents at Gesa Field.
- Five of Washington State's last six September games against AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Oregon State vs Washington State Facts
- Washington State ranked T21st among FBS teams for Q2 win percentage last season (.615).
- Washington State ranked 26th among FBS teams for H1 points allowed per game last season (10.3).
- Oregon State ranked 8th among FBS teams for H1 points allowed per game last season (8.4).
- Oregon State ranked T8th among FBS teams for Q4 win percentage last season (.692).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be a battle, and having the points in your back pocket is the way to go here. Cam Ward is a really good quarterback and on the season he still hasn’t thrown an interception. Washington State’s offense is going to find success against Oregon State, and that is going to be the difference here as the Cougars are going to keep this game close, and I actually think they will win this game outright. Back Washington State to cover the spread here.