Ohio at Bowling Green Prediction - College Football Picks 9/23/23
Bowling Green Falcons (1-2) vs Ohio Bobcats (3-1)
Game Info: Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 3:30 pm (Doyt L. Perry Stadium)
Betting Odds: Bowling Green Falcons +8 -- Over/Under: 45.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Bowling Green Falcons and the Ohio Bobcats will meet in MAC action this Saturday from Perry Stadium. This two in-state rivals have met in every season since 1951, with BGSU holding an all-time series lead of, 41-31-2, but Ohio has dominated recently by winning five of the last six meetings, including a 38-14 victory in Athens last year.
Ohio Bobcats Preview
Ohio enters at 3-1 after defending Iowa State by three, 10-7. The Bobcats found themselves on the right side of in a nasty brawl with the Cyclones, and they’ll look to follow up one of the bigger wins in school history strong here against a familiar face. The Ohio offense is scoring 16.8 ppg, while passing for 180.3 ypg, rushing for 137.7 ypg, and converting 41.7% of their third downs.
Ohio Player Notes
• Kurtis Rourke did just enough to guide Ohio to their third straight win last weekend, tossing for 135 yards and a touchdown. It’s been a slow start for one of the MAC’s best passers last season, but after facing three strong defenses in SDSU, FAU, and Iowa State, he should be ready to rev things up in conference play. Rourke has passed for 413 yards, with two touchdowns to two interceptions through three starts.
• Sophomore back Sieh Bangura didn’t have much room to run versus ISU last weekend, but he leads Ohio with 261 rushing yards thru four games.
• Senior wideout Sam Wiglusz scored the lone touchdown against the Cyclones, and he leads the Bobcats in receptions (19) and receiving yards (178).
• The Ohio defense is allowing 11.7 points per game.
Bowling Green Falcons Preview
Bowling Green comes in at 1-2 after losing to Michigan in Ann Arbor, 31-6. The Falcons managed to capitalize on the lofty margin as 40-point underdogs, and they’ll attempt to turn things around with conference play about to set in. The BGSU offense is scoring 31.0 ppg, while passing for 226.3 ypg, rushing for 175.7 ypg, and converting 54.2% of their third downs.
BGSU Player Notes
• Connor Bazelak’s availability will be a huge factor for this contest, as the former Mizzou and Indiana QB missed the Michigan matchup with injury.
• Senior quarterback Camden Orth got the start last week, and wasn’t able to do much against a stiff Wolverines unit, as he passed for just 91 yards.
• Sophomore back Terion Stewart gained 50 yards in the first two games, and he leads BGSU in rushing with 108 yards.
• Second-year tight end Harold Fannin Jr. leads the Falcons in catches (11) and receiving yards (144) through three weeks.
• The BGSU defense has allowed 26.6 points per game.
Ohio vs Bowling Green Trends
• Ohio is 2-2 against the spread, with a 0-4 O/U record.
• BGSU is 1-2 ATS, with a 2-1 over/under record.
• Ohio has hit the Game Total Under in 10 of their last 15 games
• Bowling Green has hit the Game Total Under in 5 of their last 6 games at home
Corey’s Free Pick
Ohio really had to claw their way through their first four games of action, and this match up should give them a chance to rev things up offensively. Bowling Green’s quarterback situation makes this spot a bit murky for them at home, as there’s a real chance the Bobcats come in and shut them down. A healthy Kurtis Rourke should be able to lead Ohio to a fourth straight win here, and with BGSU’s noticeable offensive struggles, let’s back the visitors for this first taste of MACtion. Don’t shy away from a fifth straight Under for the Bobcats either, as they’ve truly defended well against good schools early on.